Home

Game of Thrones

I like most of what's been shown so far. Although, having read all five books in the meantime, I do have minor issues with some "loose interpretations" by the TV show writers.

Same. I know that Martyn is closely by the production team and is under every direction they choose to take, but I sincerely hope some of the choices the TV series seem to be taking (some are pretty radical changes) don't impact Martyn's two future. He wrote on A Dance with Dragons that he's already having some trouble keeping up with all the lore. Fortunately, he isn't getting short of dedicated fans and fangroups all around the world to help him out with the task anytime soon, but you got to admit it may be getting harder to wrap it all up.

When it comes to new characters, I think they did a great job with the casting choice for Davos Seaworth, but Stannis could be better (I think the actor playing Stannis would have been much better in the role of Janos Slynt). Melisandre is OK, Balon Greyjoy is pretty much what I imagined and Salador San was surprisingly entertaining. Xaro Xoan Daxos might not be what I imagined, but I think the actor is doing a good job nonetheless.
Again, agreed on all accounts. I know that the actor DOES looks like Martyn description of Stannis, but I tend to create personal templates of them in my head depending of their personality. As "gaunt" as he is repeatedly described as, I kinda miss the "strong jaw" and... I'm not certain, an even more serious face. I don't know, no one but Davos and Melisandre and Davos's son and Stannis's squire were supposed to like him anyway, so if we don't think he's charismatic, he's on the right path.

The characters of old are still excelent, not so sure about some of Sansa's scene, but overrall great. The new characters are pretty good as well, special mentions for Ygritte, Davos (supreme, one of the most beloved characters on the books and now on the series as well, and the guy hasn't even read the books because he wants to discover his character as he goes but still managed to explain Davos-Stannis relationship in a paragraph in better ways than I could in a certain interview), Xaro, and Brienne, who definetly looks the part.

Of the recurring scenes I enjoy the most are two plain, but filled with sagacity and tension, conversations: Tyrion and the Spider on the Red Keep and Arya and Tywin, on Harrenhal - minor spoiler for A Clash of Kings below:

even though those last series of conversation never happened on the books. I wonder if for the TV they wanted to give both Arya and Tywin more screentime, seeing as they're both excellent.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and Arya and Tywin, on Harrenhal

Best parts of the latest episodes.

I haven't read the books, but I was wondering if I should invest on Jaqen. Will he be a prominent character? He has become one of my favourites.

A man knows. :cool:

I haven't read the books, but I was wondering if I should invest on Jaqen. Will he be a prominent character? He has become one of my favourites.

A man knows. :cool:

You may read that as I included an answer of sorts for your question and some sort of consolation prize if you don't like it. :xp:

Still a spoiler, though.

Not so far in the books. He doesn't show up much more, sadly, but his existence is ESSENTIAL for what Arya decides to do next. In a way, it's almost like she has many tutors through the story.

From GoT to DwD, arguably 2~3 years. It's never too clear on the books, with some chapters picking up immediately after the last, or with months of interlude. Our best hint is probably the younger character's ages. Sansa, if I'm not mistaken, is 11 at GoT, and 13 by a certain point of SoS. There are more hints, but not many.

• 3 weeks later...

So how did everyone experience the Blackwater episode? I thought it was one of the best episodes of the series so far, perhaps one of the best episodes on tv this year. Wildfire! Sadly, season 2 is already ending this week, how time flies...

A whole year to wait for Game of Thrones once more. Which may be even harder than before, because book 3... well, it's gonna rock on tv! Also, most of the characters people feared wouldn't show up in the show have been or will be cast for season 3 (the Reeds, Vargo Hoat, Blackfish and more), can't wait to see some of those very awesome characters.

Fingers crossed for an amazing end to season 2! :)

Tyrion was awesome, as always. And so was Bron. Davos had a relatively small apprearance, but I guess they might have left something for the last episode. Can't wait to see the resolution with Arya and H'Gar (one of the best minor characters in the second book, IMO).

I didn't like the last episode. Too much time spent on the battle, and no story development.

Tyrion was awesome, as always. And so was Bron. Davos had a relatively small apprearance, but I guess they might have left something for the last episode. Can't wait to see the resolution with Arya and H'Gar (one of the best minor characters in the second book, IMO).

Gotta agree on both accounts. But everyone's expectations were so high there was little chance of they reaching it.

I was actually a little disappointed with the battle, overall. The hack'n slashing was fine but I missed a certain green demon whipping the ships aflame on the Blackwater...

It also seems Tyrion might not

lose half his nose, judging from the blow he was dealt.

Let's see how he turns out next episode.

• 8 months later...

Looking good. I hope they can transfer the madness that is book 3 to the small screen. I've been hyping my friends to no end about this season, so they better! :carms:

And yes, that dragon shot looks awesome. I've been a bit wary about the CGI-heavy elements and how succesful they'd be in getting those dragons/direwolves etc. right, but hell, they're doing a great job so far.

@CAD: they still need to be tv-pretty, I guess. :p I had hoped for more than just the scar myself, as that's how I've been envisioning Tyrion in the books all this time, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
Who else is going to have a Seasons 1 and 2 marathon before the end of March?

Just did. :p

I picked up Season 2 as soon as it came out on Monday and had spent the weekend watching Season 1 now I'm up to date.

Really looking forward to Season 3... especially seeing The Hound's fight with well, you know... (wouldn't want to give away any spoilers).

Although that's not the only thing I want to see. :)

• 2 months later...

Having read the books, this obviously came as no surprise, but hell was it hard to relive it once more. I'm missing something that was in the books and that made that particular event that more disturbing, but maybe we'll see it in what is in GoT the traditional "aftermath" season finale.

Archived