Home

3rd Old Republic Novel Announced!

adamqd

I think Revan is easier to fit into a canon mold because the player never really dictated Revan's actions - the player controlled "the Mysterious Stranger," the Republic Soldier who was serving on the Endar Spire and was brought to the Jedi Council for training. That character went away not long after the Star Forge went boom.

I think Revan is easier to fit into a canon mold because the player never really dictated Revan's actions - the player controlled "the Mysterious Stranger," the Republic Soldier who was serving on the Endar Spire and was brought to the Jedi Council for training. That character went away not long after the Star Forge went boom.

Aye - I think i remember reading somewhere that in canon, by the time the Battle of Rakata Prime/The Star Forge came along, almost all of Revan's erased memories had returned.

As you have alluded to, this raises the question of whether his personality changed, or remained the same when that happened. I see three possibilities: 1. His personality remained the same as in his mindwiped persona (during the events of the kotor game), 2. The regained memories made him regain his old personality that he had before being mindwiped, or 3. Both personalities melded together to form a new one, with characteristics of both.

Personally, i think it would be option 3, with his mindwiped, 'Mysterious Stranger' personality being dominant. I think this because, after regaining most of his memories by the Star Forge, Revan apparently did not turn back into a Dark Lord of the Sith, but remained a Jedi, still loved Bastila, etc)

As to his appearance: as i have said many times before, and still maintain, i think the closest thing we have to a canon appearance for Revan right now is the one in this picture, as it was official concept art back when kotor 1 came out:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
conceptart014.jpg

This appearance made its way into the game as this head:

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=8121

Judging by the fact that Drew Karpyshyn was lead writer for K1, and part of the developmental team, i'm crossing my fingers that this was indeed the chosen appearance for Revan, and that Karpyshyn uses it in the book.

However, that theory could be dust in the wind as more recent concept art for Revan implies that he had long hair:

Show spoiler
784px-Unmasked_Revan.JPG

..which most likely has its in game counterpart as the most popular 'mullet man':

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=271&pictureid=8122

Though, of course, that could be any head with epic long hair. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

..or will we? o_O

• 4 weeks later...

Archived