Home

Stuck or stupid?

jacuzi

Hi,

spoilers ahead!

I started to play the game yesterday only second time after it was published.

I am now in year two at the tattooist.

I managed to get the metal id from Naranja but now I just cant get away from the place. Toto is talking on the phone and blocks the outway passage and I have tried everything to get him move.

Am I just stupid and have not noticed something important or is there a bug in the game?

Thanks!

i don't think this is a bug, you should just be able to get away once he's on the phone. you might try a different control method for a few minutes, like a joystick? see if you can get through using that. i had a problem years ago playing the game where manny wouldn't climb to the roof in year one to get at the pigeons. i tried the joystick and he went straight up. weird, i know. might be worth a try.

if you can get close enough to the ladder and get manny to look at it, pressing use / enter will make him climb, even if he's a few steps away from it.

Thanks for the tips.

I did try to use different control methods, but nothing helped. I have got stuck on several other locations too.

I managed to get through this by getting the note from Lolas jacket before going to tattooist. When I showed the note to him, Manny automatically went closer to ladder.

Strange. There are definitely an increasing number of movement-based bugs. I found myself stuck on a conveyor belt at one point, most annoying.

One thing to try is switching the movement mode from character-relative to camera-relative, might help alleviate the awkwardness. Didn't help me but it might work for other such bugs.

Other places I have got stuck concerning movement are for example:

Trying to get into the room that Olivia is blockin at Blue oyster.

The elevator when going down from High rollers lounge.

I have tried the different movement methods, but they dont help.

Now I am starting year 3 so there might be new places to get stuck :)

Yes I know you cant get into the room where Olivia stands, but you can get stuck on it if you try to enter, believe me :)

Yep I have used every guide I found on these forum and the game is 100% playable if you dont count these movement bugs.

Hopefully, we won't have to worry about any of these bugs ever again as Residual is rapidly moving towards completion.

The word "completion" has many meanings, one of them shows up in the sentence "The games can now be played through to it's completion":

http://mixnmojo.com/news/Lumbago-Lemonade-for-all

However, if you mean "complete" as in every last detail is where it should be, no, that has yet to happen.

Archived