Home

Lucas Arts Licenses Unreal 3 Engine

TripHammer

I hope not! Star Wars Super Bombard Racing was terrible. I thought they came out with a video game for PS1 or PS2 called Episode I Racer. I remember buying it back when I still played those games. Star Wars Battlefront I and II are the two top selling games of all time. Star Wars Galaxies was a cool idea but never really made them alot of money. Internet only games don't make enough money because it leaves a huge chunk of the gaming industry without a star wars game. (For example the people who only play single player games) I only play single player games. Never will buy Galaxies and won't buy Star Wars TOR. I am not buying Star Wars Kinect either.

I hope not! Star Wars Super Bombard Racing was terrible. I thought they came out with a video game for PS1 or PS2 called Episode I Racer. I remember buying it back when I still played those games. Star Wars Battlefront I and II are the two top selling games of all time. Star Wars Galaxies was a cool idea but never really made them alot of money. Internet only games don't make enough money because it leaves a huge chunk of the gaming industry without a star wars game. (For example the people who only play single player games) I only play single player games. Never will buy Galaxies and won't buy Star Wars TOR. I am not buying Star Wars Kinect either.

I never had the opportunity to play the two Racer games they released for the PS2/3, but the original Racer was a phenomenal game. I would welcome a true remake rather than the Kinect mini game they are fronting.

I really enjoyed Star Wars Galaxies. At the time, it had some of the best graphics of any MMO out there and the community was actually a lot of fun. The quests and side-quests were also entertaining. A lot of folks also enjoyed the sandbox qualities to the game. While I don't plan on buying TOR at launch, it looks to be making Lucasarts and EA a lot of money. I guess we'll see!

Basically the people who have a PC and play online will be playing TOR. The people who have X-box 360 with a kinect will be playing Kinect game. What the heck happened to the PS3 customer? Lucasarts pretty much did not care about us. Not once have we gotten a star wars PS3 exclusive game. The only star wars games we got were ones that were released on multiplatforms like Star Wars The Force Unleashed I and it's sequel, Star Wars Lego the Complete Saga and Star Wars Lego III and Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes.

We did get a boost this week. I read an internet article on theforce.net that says Sony is reducing the cost of 160GB PS3 to $249.99 and 320 GB PS3 to $299.99 because of Star Wars Complete Saga coming out on blu-ray on September 16, 2011 in U.S.

But not everyone who has a PC plays online. I won't pay to play a game.

Exactly. I play the free multiplayer for games that I own, but I am never going to pay for a game more than once. Then there's the fact that not all PC's are created equal, and some people won't even be able to run TOR. Take any game for any console and you'll be able to play it, but I certainly won't be able to play SWBF3 if it comes out.

Basically the people who have a PC and play online will be playing TOR. The people who have X-box 360 with a kinect will be playing Kinect game. What the heck happened to the PS3 customer? Lucasarts pretty much did not care about us. Not once have we gotten a star wars PS3 exclusive game.

"Playing online" isn't quite that simple. A good number of people, like me, simply choose to play multiplayer. As for the Xbox 360 users...what if they don't own a Kinect? LucasArts isn't neglecting the PS3. SONY just prefers to have its own companies and partners working on games for their system. So game companies that formerly made SONY exclusive games either switched to the Xbox or started making their games multiplatform.

Has a single player PS3 Star Wars video gamer I feel neglected by Lucasarts! I think alot of PS3 users feel the same way. We never got Republic Commando or KOTR 1 or 2 and they all came out for Microsoft brands. Makes me think Lucasarts favors them and doesn't care about the non-microsoft users. I dislike PC games myself just because you have to buy a brand new computer when a new game comes out because your PC doesn't meet the requirements. PS3 gives you the option to download software updates to it's harddrive when you put a PS3 video game in it assuming you have an old software. That is why I love PS3. I don't have to go online to download software updates or pay extra money for physical upgrades.

PC games don't require you to buy a brand new computer all the time. I'm exclusively a PC gamer and my computer hails from 2004 with only a video card upgrade. If you're really that sad that you "never got Republic Commando or KOTOR 1 and 2" then I'm quite sure that you could easily play them on your current machine, given their age. And you can't think that LucasArts is prejudiced against you. Otherwise, I'd complain that they aren't supporting people without high-end computers.

I just read on theforce.net that Lucasarts is developing a RPG Star Wars video game after Star Wars The Old Republic. Star Wars Battlefront isn't a RPG so that is definitely not Star Wars Battlefront III. I am wondering if it Knights of the Old Republic III. I don't know of any other Star Wars RPG other than Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic and it's sequel. They could be doing a whole new star wars game not based off KOTR series.

Isn't Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series and Republic Commando first person shooter type video game?

• 1 month later...

Don't forget Star Wars Galaxies, their first star wars MMO is permanently shutting down in December, 2011. At least that is what a guy at work told me who is a star wars fan. Lucasarts basically killed The Force Unleashed 3 in my opinion in order for the concentrate on Star Wars The Old Republic for PC and Star Wars Kinect for Microsft X-box 360 and Star Wars The Clone Wars Adventures game. All three video games just so happen to be played on Microsoft brand console or PC. I hink the powers in charge at Lucasarts are Pro-Microsoft and Anti-Sony PS3. I don't care about hand helds like Sony PSP or whatever Nintendo DS. The handhelds have recieved the last two Star Wars Battlefronts exclusively, Elite Squadron and the other one which I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Now I hear rumors the next Star Wars Battlefront will be X-box 360, PC and PS3 but an online only game. Please tell me this is untrue. I don't know alot of people who play online and I don't have an internet connection or equipment to play online.

Don't forget Star Wars Galaxies, their first star wars MMO is permanently shutting down in December, 2011. At least that is what a guy at work told me who is a star wars fan.

It's closing down on December 15th. The decision was taken by both Sony Online Entertainment and LucasArts - it was bound to happen sooner or later after the server closures and dropping population in the game, and 8 years is a pretty respectable lifespan.

And it's not going to die completely, as there'll no doubt be private servers running the game for those who want to keep playing.

Lucasarts basically killed The Force Unleashed 3 in my opinion in order for the concentrate on Star Wars The Old Republic for PC and Star Wars Kinect for Microsft X-box 360 and Star Wars The Clone Wars Adventures game.

There haven't been any announcements at all as far as any potential sequel for the Force Unleashed series is concerned.

And yes, they're busy concentrating on other titles at the moment, and they clearly have plans for other games, seeing as they're looking for people to work on RPGs, FPS and Flight Sim titles, but that doesn't mean they won't go back to other games. ;)

All three video games just so happen to be played on Microsoft brand console or PC. I hink the powers in charge at Lucasarts are Pro-Microsoft and Anti-Sony PS3.

If they were anti-Sony they wouldn't be working with Sony Online for the Clone Wars MMO, and they wouldn't have released Republic Heroes or the most recent Lego Star Wars games on the PS3.

Now I hear rumors the next Star Wars Battlefront will be X-box 360, PC and PS3 but an online only game. Please tell me this is untrue. I don't know alot of people who play online and I don't have an internet connection or equipment to play online.

It's something that worries me too, I must admit. I don't play online games other than on my PC, yet a lot of console games seem to be heading in a direction where the single player experience is neglected in favour of an expanded multiplayer or co-op aspect. I wish I could tell you untrue, but I haven't heard anything at all, so I think the best option is to just wait and see.

And keep your fingers crossed, of course. :)

Archived