Home

Bin Ladin is dead

Jae Onasi

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching BO's mercifully short speech (decent one for a change). Congrats to the US Special Forces guys who pulled it off. I don't believe al-qaeda is going to disappear very soon, but it has been dealt a big blow.....regardless of how they try to spin it. Perhaps OBL should have operated out of Tehran or Pyongyang (or at least not screwed w/Pakistan).

Job well done to the soldiers that were apart of the operation.
No, job well done by all the soldiers from all the countries that have served, scarified and died to fight this war against al-Qaeda and terrorism. Be it abroad or here at home.

No, job well done by all the soldiers from all the countries that have served, scarified and died to fight this war against al-Qaeda and terrorism. Be it abroad or here at home.

Yes, yes. Thank you for correcting me!!!

I'd say it has much less to do with the military than the Pakistani officials who had the balls to tell them where Bin Laden was hiding.

Is anybody else finding it disturbing that intelligence regarding this operation appears to have been confined to the military and Obama? We don't know how many compounds they've blown up until now on faulty intelligence and not heard one peep about it, but now they all get to wave their dicks and the air and take credit for going into another country and committing assassination?

Job well done to the soldiers that were apart of the operation.

Job well done to all!

Point Man says thank you, too.

Oh, we're having ham tomorrow night in honor of the big event.

I'd say it has much less to do with the military than the Pakistani officials who had the balls to tell them where Bin Laden was hiding. [/Quote] And just why was Osama Bin Laden hiding in Pakistani for the Pakistani official to tell the US where he was hiding? Could it have something to do with those soldiers in Afghanistan putting Bin Laden on the run, forcing him to find a different hiding place that was not as secret?

Edit Sounds like he may have been there close to 5 years.

Is anybody else finding it disturbing that intelligence regarding this operation appears to have been confined to the military and Obama?
Nope and with the way information exchanged today, I'm not really sure why it bothers anyone. They could not even keep Bin Ladin death a secret for 1 hour to allow the President to inform the nation. If the US had been destroying innocent compounds I'm sure Al Jazeera would have been all over it.

I'd say it has much less to do with the military than the Pakistani officials who had the balls to tell them where Bin Laden was hiding.

And just why was Osama Bin Laden hiding in Pakistani for the Pakistani official to tell the US where he was hiding? Could it have something to do with those soldiers in Afghanistan putting Bin Laden on the run, forcing him to find a different hiding place that was not as secret?

It's nice that there some w/in the Pakistani govt that are cooperating with us, but w/o the military operation OBL would still be alive, wch. Mim is quite right, but if you wish to extend some credit to the Pakistani's, that's not unreasonable.

Is anybody else finding it disturbing that intelligence regarding this operation appears to have been confined to the military and Obama?

Not remotely. It WAS a covert op, which means by its very nature it's SECRET. But given the importance of the news, it isn't something that would have remained so for very long.

I'm just waiting for the Pakistani Muslims to whine about the Americans killing a Muslim on Pakistani soil. That'll be a nice bellylaugh. :xp:

For killing Osama? No, not happening.

Is anybody else finding it disturbing that intelligence regarding this operation appears to have been confined to the military and Obama? We don't know how many compounds they've blown up until now on faulty intelligence and not heard one peep about it, but now they all get to wave their dicks and the air and take credit for going into another country and committing assassination?

The compound was being monitored for weeks before the operation. And this is Pakistan, not Afghanistan - the media is strong here. If faulty compounds were being blown up, it would have been all over the Muslim world's news channels.

I've been following Pakistani news channels for a while now, things are interesting. The operation was apparently conducted at 12:30 and was completed in 40 minutes. Curiously, the helicopter crash was reported at about 01:20 - 01:30. I'm guessing it was a diversion for the US forces to move the body.

Amusingly, the Pakistan Military Academy is located near Abbottabad. How convenient for them to not know who lives in oh-so-super-high-security compound. :indif:

It's nice that there some w/in the Pakistani govt that are cooperating with us, but w/o the military operation OBL would still be alive, wch. Mim is quite right, but if you wish to extend some credit to the Pakistani's, that's not unreasonable

For what, not investigating this super-high-security compound where Osama bin Laden was hiding? Pakistan could have taken care of this whole problem years ago if they wanted to.

Reaction to this event: THANK ****ING GOD THAT **** IS DEAD!!!

My salute to the covert operatives that pulled this off. I'd shake their hand and by them each a drink, but that would compromise their secrecy.

Not to be political, but a friend and I agree that this is going to be firepower for the 2012 Obama Campaign. He thinks it'll be part of the momentum Obama needs to turn his presidency around.

I wonder who's getting the $25,000,000 bounty the government put on his head?
If it was a US operation by US military, then nobody gets a bounty, at least that's how I understand it.

hrmm this is what it takes to get me to post in Kavar's, may it never happen again.

For what, not investigating this super-high-security compound where Osama bin Laden was hiding? Pakistan could have taken care of this whole problem years ago if they wanted to.

In light of more info having come out about the whole operation, it seems that waterboarding had more to do with the success of this mission than anything the Pakistanis may have done. Apparently, the name of the courier that they traced to find OBL was gotten through enhanced interrogation of KSM and then later confirmed by same w/another terrorist had payoffs farther down the road. Not telling Pakistan anything till after the fact likely had more to do with its success than any co-op we'd have gotten from their fractured govt players (ISI in particular).

Archived