Home

Weaknesses and strengths of your own country

Totenkopf

Why not just say that "the US has a powerful military with impressive capabilities" or something similiar. Afterall, Iraq under SH had an impressive array of armor.....till it was largely decimated in '91. But outside of someone calling you (mildy or otherwise) delusional for your beliefs about your own country, they'd have no reason to flame you or your pov since it's limited to your own country and not theirs.

Alright. I understand now.

And the US military has amazing capabilities. In addition to the ability to project power with aircraft carriers, we can deploy a battalion of Rangers anywhere in the world in around 18 hours.

The infighting, IMO, is less a diversity issue and more a political one. Neither side seems to agree on anything, but instead of reaching a consensus they continue to bicker.

And @Ctrl Alt Del, what do you mean by misuse of public places? Just curious.

[*]XXI century: been great so far for us, the feeling things are getting better is dominant

Hear ye the voice of grand old Europus.

He thunders through the shades in a rusting voice:

Learn that to all things there is an ending

And hear the howl that youth can be lost.

The trees of the field are green with the spring,

Yet that falls at first hail and frost. Man's glory

Dies as the blossom of the trees, before death takes their green.

So, yeah... in Britain it's pretty grim.

Of course we've got a carrier within 24 hours of most crises - we've got -thirteen- of them, and they're pretty damn fast.

Officially: US carriers can go in excess of 30 knots...

Unofficially: That number must have been gathered while dragging anchors...

I thought it was 11.. Am I missing a couple?

You two are not counting the 2 super secret submarine carriers. They include the flux capacitor at no extra charge.

Technically, there could be two that are considered super secret submarine carriers.... though they are not necessarily in service(that we know of *puts on tinfoil hat*)

Added something to my list:

Jobs: If you want one and have the right credentials, now is a great time

I swear we live on opposite sides of the same country and either half of the country is made to believe that they live in India/Brazil. It's a huge ****ing conspiracy, I'm telling you. Nothing is real.
Yeah, reading your post it seems like your description could easily be used in my country and vice versa. Sure we have a billion less people hanging around here but our analysis are... huh, qualitative, not quantitive. :carms:

And @Ctrl Alt Del, what do you mean by misuse of public places? Just curious.

Well, people tend to think somewhere/something that was meant for public use/access belongs to them and act accordingly, doesn't matter if it gets in someone's way. For instance, it's not rare to see someone walking their dog on the beach even if that's not allowed, potentially ruining a random bather's day.

So, yeah... in Britain it's pretty grim.

BRICS, G20... even it's just a false impression in some cases, the world is definetly changing.

Technically, there could be two that are considered super secret submarine carriers.... though they are not necessarily in service(that we know of *puts on tinfoil hat*)

This reminds me of another strength: we clearly have a large amount of super intelligent people. I mean, there are so many who are clearly brilliant enough to see through the government conspiracies about 9/11, immunization programs, and the JFK assassination. Thankfully all these amazing minds are here in America.

Oh wait, I forgot. Those people are crazy :indif:

(Not implying that you're crazy, Tommycat; the tinfoil hat jab was too good to pass up :) )

This reminds me of another strength: we clearly have a large amount of super intelligent people. I mean, there are so many who are clearly brilliant enough to see through the government conspiracies about 9/11, immunization programs, and the JFK assassination. Thankfully all these amazing minds are here in America.

Oh wait, I forgot. Those people are crazy :indif:

To be honest, I'd be grateful for that. There are places in the world where you can't say "government" without "is great". Try spreading news that the Sichuan Earthquake was somehow engineered by the Chinese government in China and see how long you last.

To be honest, I'd be grateful for that. There are places in the world where you can't say "government" without "is great". Try spreading news that the Sichuan Earthquake was somehow engineered by the Chinese government in China and see how long you last.
Tsk. Tsk. The rules. They have been broken. :carms:

Anyway, speaking of governments: here, we could criticize the government IF WE HAD ONE. Seriously, for the moment, all we can criticize on is our lack of government. This gets me to one other strength, however: the impact of a lack of government is minimal, due to strong regional governments who have a lot of authority and an exiting federal government that still has some authority. Yeah, that's Belgium for you.

I agree wholeheartedly that free speech is vital. However, just because people have the right to talk about whatever they want to doesn't mean they are qualified to. I have no doubt that in the next few months we'll see a number of conspiracies involving Bin Laden.

The problem, IMO, is that the people think that because people have the ability to talk about whatever issue they wish they think they are qualified. One of the examples I used was 9/11. There are a multitude of theories that have been propagated by people who have no understanding of how buildings collapse, what is required to collapse a building, and what happens when airplanes hit the ground. This, coupled with the media giving their claims credibility is a major problem.

I intended it as a joke, but you raise a good point. I hope I've made my meaning clear. :)

Anyway, speaking of governments: here, we could criticize the government IF WE HAD ONE. Seriously, for the moment, all we can criticize on is our lack of government. This gets me to one other strength, however: the impact of a lack of government is minimal, due to strong regional governments who have a lot of authority and an exiting federal government that still has some authority. Yeah, that's Belgium for you.

Whereas, if such a thing were to happen in Britain, the country would currently be experiencing its first civil war since 1651. The trouble with having the 'mother of all Parliaments' is that when your political system dates back at least to 1688 it tends to be a little rusty. Even more so if it really does date back to that contract Ethelred the Unready signed with his noblemen...

Tom Paine thought it was insufficient in the 18th century and, well, it probably still is today.

Whereas, if such a thing were to happen in Britain, the country would currently be experiencing its first civil war since 1651. The trouble with having the 'mother of all Parliaments' is that when your political system dates back at least to 1688 it tends to be a little rusty. Even more so if it really does date back to that contract Ethelred the Unready signed with his noblemen...

guy_fawkes.jpg

GUY FAWKES APPROVES

Miltiades, isn't Belgium supposed to be becoming a province of France at some point in the future?
I can only shudder at the thought. We've been France's toy for centuries, we're not about to let that happen. And I'm not sure they would even want such a troublesome little state.

• 2 years later...

Here, I'll give you Greece's strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths: Destination for many tourists from all over the world every summer, and the Cretan cuisine is the most healthy.

Weaknesses: Crappy economy, crappy organising skills, crappy educational systems, crappy healthcare, corrupt politicians, Golden Dawn becoming stronger by the minute (Many of you might have heard of the police arresting 4 MPs and the Party's leader and second, charged for participation in criminal organisation. Unfortunately, 3 MPs were considered not guilty. The leader and the second are in jail, but they'll walk out free, because evidence against them is insufficient.), crappy athletes (I only know a couple of them worthy of being know in the entire world), crappy football teams, the people not obeying the rules and doing whatever they like, the police being helpless, obsolete military vehicles and equipment...

Archived