Home

Should Tales from Jabba's Palace be considered cannon?

cafiwam

I was recently re-reading my copy of "Tales from Jabba's Palace" (a compilation of short stories made in 1996) for another question on this site, when I started to notice the many inconsistencies that many of the story had. In it Yarna is friends with Oola despite the fact that in the film she can clearly be seen laughing at her as she struggles with Jabba, in some of the stories Leia is there for several days and in others it is for a single night, Boba Fett is able to survive in the desert after escaping the sarlacc without Dengar's help(as stated in the Dark Empire comics), and a lot of other minor things that would take awhile to put down. Honestly this book is a mess and I was wondering if it should be continued to be considered as cannon in the star wars universe? Thanks.

I guess when you have so many minds working on Star Wars it's difficult to keep everything lined up. Especially when things are constantly being changed or added. Maybe everything pre-prequal should just be thrown out all together and some of the back stories for the minor character re-written.

I guess when you have so many minds working on Star Wars it's difficult to keep everything lined up. Especially when things are constantly being changed or added. Maybe everything pre-prequal should just be thrown out all together and some of the back stories for the minor character re-written.

The prequel era is what brought on the most retcons IIRC.

That is why i don't like some of the story's that have been made surrounding Jabba, Oola, and a few others, Because it makes the whole story for the film look half ass!!

Yea, when it's really the stories that are in contradiction with the film. The movie's should have higher authority over anything that came after and anything that conflicts with it should be immediately be disregarded. That's just my opinion though.

That's why i stay away from certain books, Based around the movie, It seems like there are so many people willing to put a crappy story together, Just so they can slap the Star Wars logo on it, And expect people to be happy, The truth is it took Lucas a long time to write those movie's and still keep the fans interested.

I have read some of the story's on here made up by fans, And they sound a lot better than some of the other books out there, Some people just don't get Star Wars and never will!!!

Archived