Home

Can't Run TSL

harIII

I just got a new computer a week or two ago and finally sat down to get back into modding. However I have TSL installed and unmodified but when I run it, the game crashes on me.

I can start it up like I normally do, click new game, create my character, load the first module, and boom; after the loading process and I'm just about to enter the module, my game crashes.

I have updated my graphics driver and these are my specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate - 32 bit version

4 Gigs of Ram

Intel Pentium CPU - P6200 @ 2.13 GHz

Intel HD Graphics (whatever that means, can't get any more specific than that)

Any ideas?

You're going to have to reinstall the game according to the large-print instructions at the top of the second post in this thread. Make sure that you follow all of the directions that apply to your hardware, in the order that they are written. As far as your Intel GPU goes, I don't think that the driver control panel will allow you to set the flipping policy to blit anymore, but I don't think that it matters.

Also, TSL supports 1280x768 natively, but it's not an option in the in-game menu, so what you'll need to do is change the Width and Height values to 1280 and 768, respectively, under BOTH [Display Options] and [Graphics Options] in the swkotor2.ini file.

Finally, if you're running 32-bit Windows with 4GB of RAM, you're only using 3GB. What I would suggest is to either borrow or download an ISO of the generic OEM version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and install it. Use this little utility to backup your activation on a thumb drive beforehand and restore it after you've installed the 64-bit version. You'll want the beta version that supports Windows 7.

Your OEM product key will work on either the 32- or 64-bit versions of Windows 7 Ultimate, and it's all perfectly legal. An added bonus of doing this is that it will remove all of the bloatware that came pre-installed on your computer.

Bloatware, haha. Actually I already did a wipe on my computer on day one because it was running vista and I wanted Windows 7.

Anyways reinstalling TSL will have to wait about 2 weeks because I'm going on a nice vacation and my disks are at the house.

Archived