Home

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

AC_Revelations_Logo.png

So, with Brotherhood being essentially AC 2.5, I guess that makes the recently teased and now officially confirmed Revelations AC 2.75? Once again, Ezio is the focus. I guess Ubisoft just can't get enough of him, although this does (at last) seem to be his swan song. It seems Ezio is is now about twice the age he was in AC2/ACB, at 50 or older. Apparently he is running around the Middle East, retracing the steps of Altair. It seems we will get to play as Altair at some point as well.

A new feature is the hook on the hidden blade, which allows zooming around on zip lines and dragging opponents in close in combat. The gameplay will feature a Borgia tower-like element, although apparently refined and diversified a bit since ACB.

th_AC-Revelations-01.jpg th_AC-Revelations-02.jpg

Release date looks to be Xmas season 2011.

Summary of the Game Informer article posted by SolidSnakex at NeoGAF:

- Ezio is looking for seals in Revelations. These seals hold the memories of Alair. They'll allow Ezio to peek into Altair's life (just as Desmond uses Animus to peek into his ancestors lives).

- You'll control Altair through these sequences.

- The bulk of the game is set in Constantinople which will be split into 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata)

- You'll also visit Cappadocia

- Ezio is over 50 years old in this game

- Ezio has a new item called the hookblade which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city. UBI says that it speeds up navigation by about 30%

- You can also use the hookblade to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo

- Ezio can now make bombs through a crafting system. UBI says that there are over 300 bomb types

- They've modified the control scheme so that circle/B will control the hookblade and triangle/Y will control project weapons and bombs

- Eagles vision has become eagle sense. "Eagle sense let's you focus on a character and see where he's been," Amancio says. "You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush."

- They've expanded on the Borgia Towers concept in order to create a new system. Throughout the city there are Assassin's Den's, you'll need to complete various assault scenarios in order take down the Templar presence (UBI says that there's more variety than in the Borgia Towers). Once you obtain a den you'll be able to upgrade the buildings in that region along with adding ziplines across the rooftops. You'll also be able to change the guards from being hostile to neutral.

- You can lose control of you dens as you gain notoriety. You'll be able to send your own troops after the templars if you're unable to make it back to the specific den that's being attacked. You can do that by making it to any of the other dens that you currently control. You'll also be able to install a master assassin to control a specific den and you'll never have to worry about it being taken over.

- The assassin leveling mechanic has been increased from 10 to 15

- In order to make the world more immersive they've done away with traditional side missions in favor of random events. For example you may be traveling through a city and notice a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help

- They're using a new type of capture facial technology called Mocam that GI describes as an "intriguing amalgamation of traditional animation, performance capture and the fascinating new style of performance on display in games like LA Noire."

- Desmond is placed back inside Animus where he finds a safe mode called the 'Black Room'. You'll be able to access Desmond's lost memories through that back door

- The gameplay during Desmond's game is described as narrative-fueled puzzle sequences. "Through the manipulation and creation of geometry with the game world, Desmond seeks to reintegrate the splintered layers of his subconscious."

- Multiplayer is returning but this time they're trying to give more focus to the narrative since that's a big part of AC

- You'll be able to custom your character appearance and weapons as well as create guilds.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind that they're revisiting Ezio again, however I don't think Ezio would be 50 or older... I mean, it wouldn't really make that much sense considering these are memories passed on through a persons DNA.

I can't see many men back then having children at 50+...

Still doesn't make sense considering that it was already established in AC2 that you can't have the memories of an ancestor after they've conceived their offspring who you descend from.

But I guess, being old ain't gonna stop Ezio from doing his thing with random ladies like he usually does lol.

When Brotherhood was announced, I was disappointed were going to be playing as Ezio again. But once I was in the game, I was enjoying every moment of it. I'm disappointed again now, but if they can continue the improvements Brotherhood delivered, I'm going to enjoy Revelations as well. But they're pushing the Ezio story, that's for sure, so I'm glad we now know for certain this will conclude the Ezio story.

Playing as Altair again is wonderful news, though. I still like the stoic Altair a fraction more than the more temperamental Ezio. And I may be a minority here, but I'm glad we'll still be getting the Desmond parts as well. And of course Constantinople will be amazing to walk through.

Please, the first game was -terrible-. AC2 was such a massive improvement that it's not even funny.

But seriously, can we get to the PLOT, please? Or at least a different time period? Ezio's already slaughtered the entire Borgia clan.

I preferred the first game personally. While the plot was pretty out there, it wasn't as convoluted and bizarre as the plots of AC2 and ACB. I will agree that the Desmond sequences were pretty clunky, but overall I found AC1 to be much more focussed on the theme of playing an assassin. AC2 and ACB especially get distracted with all the extraneous stuff like base upgrades, Da Vinci machines, minion recruitment, misc sidequests, etc.

I definitely agree with you about moving the series plot on. If they wanted annualised sequels they could do that after they wrapped up the existing plot line in AC3. There are a load of different time periods and scenarios that don't really work with the current plot, but would work perfectly fine as the basis for various one-off AC games (like Japan dammit - where's my AC ninja game??).

Please, the first game was -terrible-. AC2 was such a massive improvement that it's not even funny.

your_opinion.jpg?w=302&h=300

I preferred the first game personally. While the plot was pretty out there, it wasn't as convoluted and bizarre as the plots of AC2 and ACB.

This.

I agree that the story (and victims) of the first game were probably better than in AC2 and AC:B, simply because the latter two games go out of their way to make everything about Assassins vs Templars with all the pictures, audio files and other insinuations in Subject 16''s puzzles. The first game was about that too, but somehow managed to make it believable, while in the sequels it became way too over-the-top with basically every historical figure in every time period being associated with one of the two conflicted sides and, of course, with every "evil" dictator/monarch always using one of the alien Pieces to mind control his way into power.

When it comes to the main storylines of each sequel/expansion, I liked all of them. Each was different in its own way and had many good moments, though the victim "death" dialogs were, I think, the best in AC1. Having said that, the storyline of Ezio's revenge against the Borgias was concluded in Brotherhood, so I am interested to see what they intend to do with him next. I also think it's cool that Altair will be playable once again.

Gameplay-wise, I like every new element they introduced so far, although it would have been nice to have one location in AC:B from which you could renovate specific locations (like we had in AC2), instead of going to every single one in person in order to renovate it. What I would definitely like to see return either in this game or in AC3 are the gather intel missions from AC1 - you know the ones where you eavesdropped on a conversation, or pickpocketed/interrogated a guy to get enough intel in order to successfully plan and perform an assassination.

Yeah, AC2 improved upon the gameplay that the original started. But that doesn't make the original a bad game.

As for the plot... right now the big focus is on Altair and what he discovered. A lot of what's going to be happening in Ass Rev has already been mentioned in Ass Bro (lol) such as the journey Altair had and how Ezio retraced his steps to rediscover whatever Altair discovered long ago.

I'm glad they didn't go the route of "we must represent every time period of every culture as we can in each different game." because to be honest, that would've just gotten ridiculous. I like the fact that they've decided that Ezio is discovering (or rediscovering) all of these hings and passing them on to Desmond.

hmm..so this isn't AC3. this is AC 2.75.

they have cleverly dodged the fact that they said AC would be a trilogy :p

i like that we are back to ezio, and I also like we get the opportunity to play altair.

however, at 50+, his age should be catching up to him, plus, like Lynk said, he hasn't even concieved a child yet, and couldnt have gotten someone pregnant and we didnt know, because then, that child wouldn't have the genetic memories that will be shown in revelations. who the hell has a kid at 50+, really?

like the sound of the facial thing, like L.A Noire. very nice.

Welcome to practically every video game ever made :p

Come on, AC1 was a little bit over the top in this department, it had no excitement at all in between the main missions, which is a bad thing for an open world game.

The main missions were awesome however, a very good game for me, all things considered.

Still doesn't make sense considering that it was already established in AC2 that you can't have the memories of an ancestor after they've conceived their offspring who you descend from.

...like Lynk said, he hasn't even concieved a child yet, and couldnt have gotten someone pregnant and we didnt know...

I don't think anything like that was established as a rule in AC2. You have to remember that the whole Altair/Maria sequence was an out-of-Animus experience, which means there was no control over whose memories Desmond accessed, or which memories he wanted to access. The only thing that sequence has established is that there are negative consequences to using the Animus. And, of course, that Maria and Altair had a serious enough relationship to conceive a child. At least that's how I understood it. :)

@ igyman: Think about it logically, what I said still applies. If Ezio had a child before the events experienced in Ass Rev and that child is Desmonds ancestor, where is Desmond getting Ezio's memories from? These are genetic memories passed on through bloodlines, from parent to offspring...

Archived