Home

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ igyman: Think about it logically, what I said still applies. If Ezio had a child before the events experienced in Ass Rev and that child is Desmonds ancestor, where is Desmond getting Ezio's memories from? These are genetic memories passed on through bloodlines, from parent to offspring...

You have a point indeed. Well, I guess either Ezio doesn't have children until his fifties, or there will be some rules broken. After what happened to Desmond at the end of Brotherhood anything goes I guess. :nut:

It doesn't mean he didn't have kids until he was 50, it just means the particular kid Desmond descends from was born after he was 50 - he could have sired a whole football team before then. Biologically speaking, that's perfectly viable. Men remain fertile pretty much right up until they die. I recall a story of a guy down here in his 90s that fathered a kid with a 20-something mail order bride.

@ Alexrd: And you don't find the idea of genetic memories to be absurd in and of itself? XD
I just tend to go with unlikely scenarios when it's fiction. Actually, I find there are far more absurd ideas in fiction than genetic memories. Time travel I can get less behind, even.

from a historical perspective, it should be interesting to visit Constantinople not long after it was conquered by the Ottomans. although it was but a dream, most of Christendom wanted to see it recaptured (although that never happened), and i can imagine that the Templars will play a role in trying to subvert the Ottomans in some way. of course, that's just speculation on my part, but there is a fair amount of history to play around with here which is a trademark of this series.

You have to remember that the whole Altair/Maria sequence was an out-of-Animus experience
Wut? IIRC Desmond is very much in the Animus when that happened in AC: Bloodlines. Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last.

Wut? IIRC Desmond is very much in the Animus when that happened in AC: Bloodlines. Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, wont be the last.

spoilers, just in case anyone hasn't played AC2 or hasn't gotten to this point yet.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
He is referring to the point in AC2, after Desmond locks up the warehouse. He began to see 'spirits' from the time he spent as Altair and Ezio. When he went to the hallway, he blacked out and returned to being Altair. He began chasing after Maria (the girl who you spared in AC1 and developed a romance with afterwords). After finally getting to the tower where Maria decided to stop, you get to see some safe-for-work sexy-time. But instead of following Altair as he jumped away, the camera stayed locked onto Maria, as Desmond realizes that Maria just got knocked up.

Desmond was not in the Animus during these events, as it was his own mind recreating the exchange from his genetic memories.

spoilers, just in case anyone hasn't played AC2 or hasn't gotten to this point yet.

Show spoiler
He is referring to the point in AC2, after Desmond locks up the warehouse. He began to see 'spirits' from the time he spent as Altair and Ezio. When he went to the hallway, he blacked out and returned to being Altair. He began chasing after Maria (the girl who you spared in AC1 and developed a romance with afterwords). After finally getting to the tower where Maria decided to stop, you get to see some safe-for-work sexy-time. But instead of following Altair as he jumped away, the camera stayed locked onto Maria, as Desmond realizes that Maria just got knocked up.

Desmond was not in the Animus during these events, as it was his own mind recreating the exchange from his genetic memories.

Exactly that. I haven't played Bloodlines, or any non-PC AC game for that matter, though I have read that there's something involving Altair and Maria in one of them.

@ DarthParametric: I know, I said that in an earlier post.

But I guess' date=' being old ain't gonna stop Ezio from doing his thing with random ladies like he usually does lol.[/quote']

@ Miltiades: What if it's time travel with a flux capacitor that needs 1.21 gigawatts of power and 88mph?

Show spoiler

Exactly that. I haven't played Bloodlines, or any non-PC AC game for that matter, though I have read that there's something involving Altair and Maria in one of them.
Yeah, isn't that referred to in the game as the bleeding effect? That's not really what I was talking about though, guess I phrased it wrong.

In AC: Bloodlines for PSP you actually play through the section where Altaïr is chasing Maria, and you are Desmond in the Animus.

Basically the point is that Desmond can play out that part of Altaïr's life because his ancestor didn't come until... the climax of that moment, so those actions would still be recorded in his genetic memory. Which implies that Desmond's ancestor that is Ezio's child would come after Ezio hits 50 in order to be recorded into his genetic memory.

TL;DR - Ezio has the virility of Dirty Harry.

You'd think that spending most of your natural life leaping across rooftops and stabbing people in the face would catch up with Ezio some day. I'm interested to see how handles being a near senior citizen. :xp:

With all the long falls he takes, no matter how well executed, his knees would be absolutely destroyed well before the age of 50.

But this is a game with absurd stuff like genetic memory, space alien mind control, and hilariously implausible conspiracies. I just sit back and enjoy the running about and stabbing evil Italians.

Maybe Ezio finds artefacts on his travels and you do all of the really hard work under the control of (a younger than Ezio) Altair in some kind of strange embedded memory inside an embedded memory sorta deal...

Hooray for more baseless speculation that means nothing cause there's really not much more we know about the game lol.

who the hell has a kid at 50+, really?
My grandfather. Well that is a lie, he was 60 when my mother was born and almost 65 when my uncle was born. Men can do that kind of thing, women not so much. So endeth the lesson. If you need more on the birds and bees I suggest you read a book. :xp:

Show spoiler
My grandmother was in her early 20s

Also 50 isn't old....writes the old man.

@below - No Primogen, he was a presbyterian preacher. :D

My grandfather. Well that is a lie, he was 60 when my mother was born and almost 65 when my uncle was born. Men can do that kind of thing, women not so much. So endeth the lesson. If you need more on the birds and bees I suggest you read a book. :xp:

Show spoiler
My grandmother was in her early 20s

Also 50 isn't old....writes the old man.

@below - No Primogen, he was a presbyterian preacher. :D

Preacher, pimp, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

50 may not be old, but it is old for jumping from buildings onto a hard surface, after ~35 years of such activities. Ask anyone who's over 40 and has done a bunch of parachute landings and running if their knees have suffered. Ezio doesn't even have a parachute (for most landings), and has more hard landings in a single day than even a prolific skydiver has in a year. Of course, this is a world with alien mind control machines we're talking about, so this seems like a pretty petty thing to find unrealistic.

• 3 weeks later...
My feeling would be that it was custom composed for the game/trailer. We might know more after E3.

It was on some Massa Effect 2 trailer too, but never found out the title of the song, or who made it.

Anyway, good thing to see Altaïr again.

Archived