Home

Assassin's Creed: Revelations

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(NIN fan) There's a million different versions of that song... it was kind of cool when they used one of the versions of it for the Terminator Salvation trailer awhile, but now it's getting used a little too much. Though what you're hearing for these trailers isn't representative of what the song actually is lol.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

....though this is my favourite version...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

@ Taak Farst + Alexrd: Like I said, there are a billion remixes of TDTWWA and in most versions the music sounds nothing like what's found in the original version or in the quiet version. The ones used for ME2 and Revelations sounds like a remix of the Salvation remix, but it's definitely TDTWWA.

Great stuff, love Altaïr's involvement. And Ezio's pretty agile for his old age. Gameplay demo involves burning ships and a flamethrower. It looks all very great, I think.

Another trailer shows Desmond in the black room, which is found under the white room (the thing you walk through during loading), where he's going to go through puzzles to unlock memories. We'll see how that goes.

• 5 months later...

So... anyone not playing Skyrim and playing Revelations instead? Just started the game and am into the third sequence, I think just before the search for the artefacts/seals is going to begin. So not too far into the story yet.The minigame happening when Templars try to retake a district is quite tedious and clumsy, so training assassins into Master Assassins (which cannot lose a district) is a priority right now, and it takes time. Also played the first three of Desmond's memories. Love the puzzle element in them and going into Desmond's past, narrated by himself, is nice. I don't like how they redid his face, though. It looks off.

Revelations plays and feels like its predecessors. The Tower Defense-like minigame isn't good, in my opinion, but there's so much to do that is great and will offer hours upon hours of gameplay. Istanbul itself is nice, but the devs set the bar high with Venice and Florence in ACII and it hasn't impressed me that much. With this third game focused on Ezio, it all starts to feel a bit too familiar. So while I'll enjoy this game a lot, I think a new setting is overdue.

I'm liking the hook-blade and zip-lines, makes it a fair bit easier to get around. :)

Edit: Another thing i just noticed (and highly approve of) is the fact that if you mark a location on the map (such as a bank) and then turn on the eagle eyes, there will then be a beam of light marking that location, making it much easier to find said location if you loose your way. :)

Archived