Home

1st time - Need some help!

Oneironaut

Hello, guys. This is my first of many posts to come. Please, tolerate my noobness and my broken english!

So, I've played until the Taris cantene (sp?) only the grasp the game basics, and I fell I'm gonna love this game. I know already that I will do two playtroughs, one for Dark and another for Light. The first time, I'm gonna stick with a female DS Scout/Consular. For the second playtrough, I may play a male LS Soldier/Guardian.

So, I need to clear a few things before I start my definitive run. My doubts mostly concern the character creation.

1 - Which makes a better Duelist, Soldier or Consular? I want to make one Jedi single lightsaber, even tough I've read Two-Weapon is better.

2 - How much WISDOM should I pick for both Consular and Soldier? I suppose WIS is the main Consular atribute, so should I max it at creation (18), or 15 is good enough? Is 12 a fair score for Soldiers?

3 - Despite Consulars being casters, I want to rock with sabers, too. How should I distribute the stats accordingly? I came up with something like this, please rate it:

STR 16 (For Melee damage)

DEX 8 (useless?)

CON 12 (leftovers)

INT 10

WIS 15 (+5 from Lvl Ups)

CHA 14 (I hear it sucks on it's own, but it's good for Force powers)

4 - Which skills should I pick besides Treat Injury, Repair (for HK47) and Persuade? How much of Awareness?

That's it for know. Please, let me know what you think!

1. You're confusing your classes a bit here. At the beginning of the game you can choose Soldier, Scout, or Scoundrel. At a later point, you will choose Guardian, Sentential, or Consular. Therefore, you could theoretically be both a Soldier and a Consular. If you want to own with lightsabers on the second time through, the most extreme duelist would be a Soldier Guardian.

2. Wisdom determines how hard it is for others to resist your force powers, and how well you resist other's powers. I wouldn't max it out though - that would leave you wide open in other areas. Soldiers are generally going to fight with lightsabers more than the force, so 12 should be more than enough.

3. Difficult to say. However, you should know that (especially for types such as Consulars) DEX can be quite useful. A character with a high DEX can dance through a fight and never get hit - quite useful for Consulars, considering that they can then just stand there and fry everyone with Force Lightning. CHA, aside from affecting things such as persuade, determines how many force points you have. Since Consulars aren't going to have awesome lightsaber skills, it's important not to run out of force points.

4. Personally, I'm not a big fan of awareness. There are a few times later in the game that it could be... useful... but it's not that big of a deal. I tend to have at least one character high in computer skills, since you get extra experience points for using computers instead of simply bashing your enemies, and there are lots of computers throughout the whole game. Demolitions is similar to awareness in that it will be useful in a few key spots. However, there are mines scattered through the KotOR world, so it's best to have at least one character with good Demolitions skills. Most of the other skills you can do without; you will only really need stealth once in the game, and anything with security can just be bashed open instead.

• 7 months later...

Archived