Home

Hitman Absolution (Hitman 5)

Hitman_5_Logo.png

So after being speculated about for a long time and recently teased to be appearing at this year's E3, Hitman 5 has been officially confirmed and named - Hitman: Absolution.

Reveal trailer:

[youtube=hd]7AGN5DJ7MV4

Not much to go on there. The barcode at the end refers to Agent 47 and presumably the 110706 refers to June 7 this year - the start of E3. No doubt we'll learn more then.

YES!

One of my absolute all-time favourite franchises back! I do hope they carry on where Blood Money left off this time, unlike the way it was done between Silent Assassin and Contracts (though very much like the lead in from the latter to Blood Money itself). I've been waiting for some official word for ages - thanks for posting Parametric.

Will have a reason to watch news out of E3 now - I'd like to see the weapon customisation kept on and a wee bit of graphical development from the last one.

YES!

This! A thousand times this! I've been waiting for any kind of info about Hitman 5, so the phrase "Hell, it's about time" comes to mind after seeing the teaser. :)

I do hope they carry on where Blood Money left off this time, unlike the way it was done between Silent Assassin and Contracts

The thing about those is that, as far as I've understood the plot - Contracts and Blood Money take place before Silent Assassin chronologically. It will be interesting to see if they continue with the pre-SA events or decide to switch a bit more forward.

No, Blood Money takes place after Silent Assassin, not before. In Blood Money, the International Contract Agency is destroyed by the Franchise, while in Silent Assassin, the ICA still exists. And Contracts takes place during Blood Money.

No, Blood Money takes place after Silent Assassin, not before. In Blood Money, the International Contract Agency is destroyed by the Franchise, while in Silent Assassin, the ICA still exists. And Contracts takes place during Blood Money.

If you remember the ending of Blood Money, you know the ICA was rebuilt in the epilogue. Also Blood Money is a direct sequel to Contracts which starts right where the first Hitman game left off - in the secret labs of Dr. Ortmeyer's asylum, so I'm pretty sure it all happens before the events of Silent Assassin in which 47 was off the radar and out of the business for an unspecified period of time.

lol, people are talking about the plot of Hitman.

Anyway, if this game can be as good as (or even better than) Blood Money, it's going to steal large portions of my life soon after it's released. A year or two ago, looking at Eidos, I'd have doubted the possibility, but hearing all the positive coverage of DX:HR (even by people who went in assuming the worst, given how DX fans got burned with IW), I'm growing more confident that Eidos can still make good games.

• 4 months later...

Seen it last night. Basically, if this were Splinter Cell gameplay, I'd be thrilled, however since it's Hitman, I'm not so sure what to think. One thing that definitely ruins it for me (and that I just can't understand) is the fact that they changed 47's voice actor. There's an online petition to bring back David Bateson, 47's original VA, but I doubt it will have any effect. Signed it anyway, just in case.

I thought the gameplay video was pretty cool. It showed off some neat stuff. Like when the one cop disappeared, the other cop made a comment about it. I want to know if that last bit on the train platform was a cinematic or in engine.

I hope they show off other levels soon.

• 4 months later...

New series of trailers is coming out featuring key characters. The first is for Diana:

[youtube=hd]FUdL0fueejs

I haven't really been paying much attention to this, once I realised it was being changed into an Awesome Cinematic Experience™, so I'm not sure how much of the overarching plot has been detailed to date. I had thought from an earlier video that 47 would at some point try and save Diana, but now it seems he will be sent to kill her. Inevitable plot twist in the offing?

Archived