Home

"Animal Ethicists" Call For New Terminology

The Doctor

The trouble here is, the words would change, but the connotations would stay, because we would all know what the new words would be replacing, and eventually, this whole thing would repeat itself in a few years, the lobbyists having learned nothing from the last attempt.

So this one journal nobody cares about publishes an editorial about how they think language should be modified, and then somebody from the mainstream media is tipped off about this and out and publishes it for the amusement of thousands.

Ehhhhh

Well this is pointless. I don´t understand what is abusive about "animal" and "wildlife"... And the rest of it is stupid as well :xp: It would never work, no one would actually start using the new words. Animals will be animals no matter what.

Reminds me of PETA, who had a petition going to rename fish 'sea kittens' because they believe it will stop people from killing them.

Yeah.

Exactly what I was about to mention. Animal rights activists have hurt their own cause by going so over the top so often. They don't get that demanding everyone make huge changes is never going to work as well as pushing smaller, more easily acceptable changes, until it becomes something big.

I suspect most of them realize this, but don't actually want people to change, since their real aim is to sit up high on their BS moral pedestal, which they couldn't do if their official aims succeeded.

Also, I'd eat a Sea Kitten. I'd even eat a normal kitten if it tasted good and was competitively priced with other food of a similar delicious level.

I suspect most of them realize this, but don't actually want people to change, since their real aim is to sit up high on their BS moral pedestal, which they couldn't do if their official aims succeeded.

Likely too true. They probably get off on thinking they are "superior" to the rest of us.

Also, I'd eat a Sea Kitten. I'd even eat a normal kitten if it tasted good and was competitively priced with other food of a similar delicious level.

Yeah, same. I could never eat a dog, but cats? Cats don't even like people, why should I care that they're cute and fuzzy on a plate when they could be warm and sweet in my mouth?

thumbnail.aspx?q=668097976450&id=d1845873ee5bf10144057d1e0e7abb02

Was actually looking for a cat-as-food pic, but this works too....

Maybe we should call for 'Animal Ethicists' to be called 'Crazy People'.

But that's pretty much a given.....almost redundant I dare say. :D

From hence forward I declare all animals to be called Nick.

Yeah, Nick. Nick's a real name. Nick's your buddy. Nick's the kind of guy you can trust, the kind of guy you can drink a beer with, the kind of guy who doesn't mind if you puke in his car, Nick!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I wish that my life was so good that the only thing I had to worry about was what other people called their pets, wildlife, or vermin.

Tell you what... I'll stop calling them whatever they tell me they want me to stop calling them. Oh and another thing... Any animal that can kill me, I'll call it whatever the heck I want to. Because if it won't stop killing me because my feelings might be hurt, I have no problem calling it whatever the heck I feel like calling it.

Sounds like a load of crap to me, and I'm a wildlife biologist. There is a hardcore ethics fringe in wildlife biology founded by the likes of Marc Bekoff, but this looks like something else. If you look at the two editors of that journal, neither are biologists - their background is theology and philosophy. That's your explanation right there.

Reminds me of PETA, who had a petition going to rename fish 'sea kittens' because they believe it will stop people from killing them.

on that note:

Tommycat's Southern fried catfish

Ingredients

1 cup Corn Meal

2 eggs

1/2 cup flour

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp red pepper

2 tsp salt(or to taste)

1 tsp pepper

1/4 Cup buttermilk (optional)

vegetable oil... um enough to fry stuff in...

a bottle of ketchup(may use catsup if no ketchup is available)

tobasco(to taste)

Start heating up your vegetable oil. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Crack eggs into a second bowl. Mix buttermilk into eggs.

Take your catfish fillets and soak them in the milk and eggs until nicely coated. Then drop it in the dry ingredients and shake the bowl until the fillet is covered all the way.

By this time your oil should be hot enough to cook stuff(right around 375ºf should do it). Carefully put your catfish in the oil. If you burn yourself, it's your own fault.

Give it about 5 minutes.

is it done yet?

How bout now...

now?

Okay. put it in a basket with paper towels to take off some of the oil.

Couple drops of Tobasco and or ketchup like stuff, and you're ready to eat.

Simple

Corsair's Catfish recipe:

1: Have three shots of vodka.

2: Point at a random item on the menu.

3: Eat it.

4: Realize you just ate something called a catfish.

5: Have apocalyptic vomits as you contemplate that the creature spent it's life marinating in what basically amounts to a communal bathhouse where you don't get thrown out for having sex or taking a leak.

6: Open a bottle of whiskey.

7: Drink while staring at a loaded revolver.

Corsair's Catfish recipe:

1: Have three shots of vodka.

2: Point at a random item on the menu.

3: Eat it.

4: Realize you just ate something called a catfish.

5: Have apocalyptic vomits as you contemplate that the creature spent it's life marinating in what basically amounts to a communal bathhouse where you don't get thrown out for having sex or taking a leak.

6: Open a bottle of whiskey.

7: Drink while staring at a loaded revolver.

All that may be true, but it seems it works well at making bacon taste yummy. And it does quite well for catfish too. Besides, I have tried my recipe on Salmon and it works pretty nice for that too. At least my girlfriend likes it.

Jag Bralor's Fishcat recipe:

1) Feed house cat (preferably Tabby, but other breeds work as well) large amounts of tuna.

2) Marinate in fish oil and vodka overnight.

3) Roast Fishcat at 350˚ Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.

4) Wrap in clean newspaper and enjoy in the presence of "Animal Ethicists" and "PETA Activists".

Problem, PETA?

Archived