Home

texture problem with downloaded maps?

irish_texan

a majority of the maps i download for jedi academy contain that weird gray and white checkered texture instead of the ones they are meant to have. some are worse than others, with the whole map being replaced by this texture, while others have certain objects or areas filled with it. im not sure what this texture is, but im guessing its a default of some sort that displays when the correct texture cannot be found or is messed up. is there a way i can fix this?

in the base folder. just like i did for the ones that do work, and for all the maps i use for Jedi Outcast. the base folder has always worked before, and i always read the readme files for everything i download, so these are definitely in the right folder. im stumped :/

i have JA Unlimited, which unlimits the number of files you can have in your base folder. also, some of the maps started working when i used them with a clean base folder, but many still lacked textures.

two new questions:

first, is there a way around this problem if youre using a clean base folder, or does that mean theres something wrong with the map, and not your base?

if so, is there a way i can fix these maps?

secondly, is there a JA Unlimited type mod that will allow me to have as many files in my base as i want without missing textures?

why do textures go missing when you use a lot of files simultaneously? that doesnt make sense to me...

secondly, is there a JA Unlimited type mod that will allow me to have as many files in my base as i want without missing textures?

why do textures go missing when you use a lot of files simultaneously? that doesnt manke sense to me...

Not that I know of off hand. It does make sense though, because when the game starts, it loads every pk3 in teh base folder (in alphabetical order I think). This takes up a fair amount of memory, so there are hard coded limits to how many of specific things of each type the engine will load. So while you may not be hitting the hard limit for vehicles, or maps, you've hit the limit for textures.

Archived