Home

Trial Guide

Klw

Post your tips for winning a medal in each trial below. I will only post tips for trials in which I received Platinum or Gold:

Platinum:

1. Kamino Drill Grounds:

Stormtroopers are coming from both directions; some have to run a long way, others a much shorter path. When I got platinum, I used nothing but lightning to dispatch them. It is better to go from one end of the room to the other using dash rather than guarding the end of the room that has the doors. That way, you won't have two parties of stormtroopers heading for the doors at once. Stay in the middle and you should be able to get 5 minutes pretty easily. Only shock each party of soldiers twice.

Crystals: Double Focus to conserve energy

2. Deadly Path:

Jump-dash to get across to the first big platform. Hit the dash button immediately after the jump button; you don't want to get very high. Dash once to get across the platform. GO LEFT.

For this next sequence of platforms, you have to use dash-blast (add the force push button on the end of each dash) after each jump. When you get to the second big platform, don't worry about dashing, just run about three quarters of the way across, jump and do another dash-blast. GO RIGHT. If you go left you will be caught on a low platform and forced to do a costly double-jump to get to the finish.

Dash-blast to the last step on the right and then do a double-jump dash-blast to get all the way across to the final platform (your last jump will be your longest and slowest). Then just dash into the light.

Crystals: N/A

3. Terror:

This is the easiest trial there is. It's just the basics: Use repulse on the spider droids. For the terror troopers, just shock them, grapple them while they're stunned (the grapple that uses your lightsabers to throw them), and finish them off before they get up.

Crystals: Double Focus to conserve energy or Focus/Disintegration

4. Retrieval:

EDIT: Thanks to a post by Qui-Gon Glenn, I was able to get Platinum for this trial using the dash-jump-dash-push technique.

Dash to the first static platform, then perform three consecutive DJDP moves to get to the fourth static platform. You can afford to wait for the rotating platforms to line up, then jump across to get the holocron and back to the fourth static platform. Then perform two DJDP moves to get to the second platform. At this point, you can try another DJDP, but you should be so far ahead that you may only need to use a more conservative jump-jump-dash-push move to get within dashing distance of the first static platform.

To perform the DJDP: You have to get to the edge of the platform. Let the full dash happen, then press jump, then dash near the top of the jump. The trick to getting all the way over to the other platform is to delay the push slightly. You have to wait to the very end of the second dash.

5. Gauntlet:

Tip: You can afford to use the kill animations for the droids.

Round 1: Take off the battle droid's shield first. Then deliver a quick saber throw followed by a repulse. Rush in to kill the droid with a few shocks and saber strokes; no need to jump. Then shock any remaining riot troopers to death.

Round 2: Give a few bursts of lightning but make sure you jump right away. Always stay behind or on top of the terror droid. Strike it with your lightsabers from above. Try to get as many jumptroopers down as possible before the terror droid charges at you.

Round 3: Dash ahead and shock the scouts to death. Then take off the droid's shield. For this droid, you do have to jump up and stand on top of it while you slash. Lightning helps but is not needed.

Round 4: Dash forward to get to the acolytes first, spraying out lightning as you go. Grapple each one with the lightsaber grapple, then shock. Shock the terror troopers to death and grapple them as well if you have time.

Crystals: Shock for sure/ Incineration

6. Deflection:

Use grip rather than deflect for as long as you can. This is because it is much quicker. You have a certain number of enemies to defeat in a certain amount of time and if you cut off each rocket early with grip instead of waiting for all of the rockets to reach you, you can actually finish early and have a short rest at the end of each round. It is also much easier to grip a rocket than to deflect it.

When the scout walkers appear, use force grip to send some of the rockets at them. Grab a rocket, throw it at the scout walker, then jump to dodge the incoming rockets that you didn't grab. If you become overwhelmed by the sheer number of rockets and only have a few seconds left to your desired medal, just start hopping around and most of the rockets will miss you. Just don't fall off the platform.

Crystals: Double Healing

Gold:

1. Domination:

For this one, I just used several repulses and that's it. I really have no advice except to use the repulses before they're on top of you because sometimes you can catch a riot trooper in mid-lunge with the repulse and he will actually fall forward into the circle instead of being blasted backwards.

2. Scout Trooper:

It isn't too hard to get Gold on this one, but Platinum seems distant. Quite simply, you have to be dashing (or hopefully dash-blasting) the whole time. Jumping isn't going to help much.

First set: Just dash-blast to the end; don't stop.

Second: Go to the barricade on the right just before they fire, collect the holocron, then quickly advance to the third holocron and pause only briefly behind the last barricade.

Third: Grip the boulder and give it a quick heave down the field before quickly dashing behind it. Don't throw it too far. Once you have collected the fourth holocron, just dash to the end.

Fourth. Collect the fifth holocron and then just ignore the scouts on the steps and use jump-dashes to get to the final platform. They might shoot you in the back but all you need is a tick of health left over.

Fifth: Dash-blast for your life to get to the light.

3. Cloning Spire:

It's hard to explain because it happened so fast. All I can give you are some tips: Use lightsaber throw when you have energy. Give your energy bar a couple of breaks by smashing a few tanks the old-fashioned dashing way, but still try to throw as often as possible and never just spam the attack button because Starkiller will go into a chain move and use up time. You can get two or three tanks with one throw if you time it just right. Try to aim for two tanks at a time. Also, try to leave the tanks that are nearest to the next platform for last. That way you can hop over there immediately. I've noticed that you can take out two tanks right off the bat if you do a throw straight ahead as soon as the trial starts.

As for the Combat Trial, Bronze is enough for me. You don't need to know any combos to beat the game, even on Unleashed, so I'm not going to go out of my way to do well on this one.

So post away. I know for a fact that some of you have gotten Platinum on almost every trial.

Archived