Home

May 21st Doomsday? :(

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Astor and Jae

why such flaming!?!?! rtthkesthpoijaeth

In the immortal words of Prime: "Hello Pot? This is Kettle. You're black."

EDIT: Hold on Jae, when did I say I didn't believe in the holocaust? my issue with the holocaust is that people only seem to recognise the Jewish part of it, when there were actually a lot more than just jews that were killed in the camps.

I didn't say you were a holocaust denier at all--I have no idea if you are or not. In fact, I didn't mention your name there at all in that group of people who are just as fanatic as those who incorrectly believed in the rapture. ;)

If you don't believe in God, why in the world would you want to believe in Hell, anyway?

Oh what, *this* buttmunch of a pastor? Damn.

This is part of why faith is being butchered and assassinated. To paraphrase quote going off my memory or lack thereof, what some late night radio program (coast to coast?) said dissecting and discussing this:

"the ones making these kind of predictions are also among the least biblically informed. Faith, namely Christianity suffers at least as much from its enthusiasts as it does its detractors." Couldn't agree more though I'm pretty rusty as well (EDIT: NOT on my spiritual faith, on my biblical knowledge). Still I'm pretty sure if "all is going according to plan" it would make sense to arrive among your people to judge them when you are not being expected.

My father, a freelance minister even called me up and said (quoting/paraphrasing the bible I think) "it (rapture) will happen when you least expect it. As a thief in the night, the exact time of arrival would not be known. The Creator shall arrive to see things and his people exactly as they are. If the Master should return to find his servant working in the field as he should be doing, the servant shall continue to be as he is; if the Master should arrive to find his servant whipping and beating other servants living in spoils, the servant shall be cut to pieces and awaken in line to be given a number for his punishment."

...or something like that. When I saw the billboard for May 21st 2011 driving down to San Diego back in end of March I knew it was bull$***.

Just go and be about your lives.

If the doomsday does occur... it better be awesome... like Cthulhu rises to come and claim our souls but then out of nowhere Gojira comes to our defense but the resulting battle is so awesome that it ends up destroying everything and everyone on the planet.

demotivational-posters-GODZILLA.jpg

that_was_awkward_-_may_22nd_2011_billboard.jpg?w=500&h=375

Guess we have to do this again on October 21, 2011 as Camping forgot to carry the one or something.

No, that's not what Camping forgot to do. He only forgot to read & comprehend the meaning of that scripture quoted on the billboard. ;)

Sorry, that's far too close to Skyrim's release. We're going to have to re-schedule this whole 'doomsday' thing... :carms:

Yeah, October 21st really isn't a good time for me either, I'd really appreciate God putting this whole rapture thingy on hold until at least after I’ve gotten my fill of Skyrim and ME3.

If the doomsday does occur... it better be awesome... like Cthulhu rises to come and claim our souls but then out of nowhere Gojira...
Not cool enough.
Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
staypuft_marshmallow_man.jpg
that will work.

Yeah, October 21st really isn't a good time for me either, I'd really appreciate God putting this whole rapture thingy on hold until at least after I’ve gotten my fill of Skyrim and ME3.
Actually, playing ME3 during the rapture may contribute to the "immersion" factor the devs are always raving on about.

If the doomsday does occur... it better be awesome... like Cthulhu rises to come and claim our souls but then out of nowhere Gojira comes to our defense but the resulting battle is so awesome that it ends up destroying everything and everyone on the planet.

demotivational-posters-GODZILLA.jpg

pfft, like Gojira is a match for The Old Ones... perhaps if they were asleep, he might have the tiniest chance in hell.

Archived