Home

New games from Lucasarts at E3?

spiralout

E3 is a time when many developers announce new games. Things have been quite at Lucasarts lately. Lucasarts is known to have many games in production at a time, but all that's happening now is The Old Republic. I'm really curious to see what else they're working on.

I usually ignore LucasArts at E3, but they *did* have two interesting years in a row so maybe 2011 will continue that trend. Re-release of classic games on Steam or something.

Indeed, but mostly E3 is LucasArts' preferred way of exciting us, and then disappointing us later, while announcing 50 boring new Star Wars titles. I prefer to not get excited in the first place. With their PR department I'm sometimes surprised they even turn up at E3.

Oh right. I forgot about that. Judging by the video from last year, I have the feeling it will be lame.

3sI4F.gif

That's scary, it looks like the character is controlling the player, not the other way around!

That's almost certainly not real footage from the game - Microsoft acquired a bunch of big licenses for Kinect games, and Star Wars was one of them. That original bunch of videos were more of a "look what Kinect will offer some day!" than a "look at this real game!" thing.

I might be totally wrong :D

Archived