Home

Obama caught in time warp

article-1390535-0C3ED46B00000578-437_634x378.jpg

So, let the excuses begin......:devsmoke:

ABC is blaming possible jet-lag :rolleyes:http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/possibly-jet-lagged-president-obama-gets-year-wrong.html though he did make a rather wry last cvomment:

Or maybe this is what was meant by “leading from behind”?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390535/Obama-London-visit-2011-President-signs-Westminster-Abbey-guestbook-2008.html

Talking over the National Anthem wasn't President Obama mistake, but the conductors who started the National Anthem while the President of the United States was taking. You know the guest who was proposing a toast to the Queen at the time. Is that how you treat all your guest? If so I guess I will not be going to England anytime soon. I can get disrespected over here cheaper. :D

As to the wrong date, anyone that hasn’t written the wrong date on a check can cast the first stone (this only applies to those that have written checks).

As to the wrong date, anyone that hasn’t written the wrong date on a check can cast the first stone (this only applies to those that have written checks).

I'm gonna guess that most people aren't off by three whole years if/when that happens. So, check writers, if you've been off by less than 3 years......get your stones ready. :xp:

Okay..I believe I know what's happened here.

Obama believes he has been raptured and is currently in a hypnotic state of thinking that he is in his ideal heaven. And..while in this heaven of his, he thinks or believes he is reliving the moments of his 2008 Presidental election victory.

Mystery solved! :carms:

Well, I've done similar stuff before, so the pres gets a pass on this one.

It's probably because he's left-handed. We all know lefties are evil and incomprehensibly backwards.

Yes, we're quite sinister. o_Q

One place I used to work at the data packets we handled were normally 2 to 3 years prior. So when I would assign dates to something, it would have the date of the packet rather than the current calendar date. It was not too uncommon to be working on a lot of that data from the same month. Next check written would almost always have me double checking to make sure I put the correct date. about one in 5 would have an odd date of 23JUL06 as opposed to current day.

I got a check returned from the city not long ago: I happened to have made the check for my real estate taxes payable to my own name :p (if it weren't for the interests and penalties charged, it would have been purely laughable...)

I also sent a fax to a judge with my birthdate on it instead of the date on which the monies should have been paid: despite the fax being handled by at least two people, it still went through... ouch... I also recently dated a document as of 2006 for no apparent reason: luckily my secretary came to see me this time asking wft was this date but the answer was that I had no single clue. Several other people also sent me documents with dates that didn't made sense at all (seen 1871 on an aircraft purchase document and the aircraft in question was obviously not a kite...)

No need for jet-lag or bad faith: an all too busy day and a few distractions is all what it takes when it comes to the date, especially when you have to sign tens and sometimes hundreds of documents per day at work. Usually, these things can be sorted out easily as they are mere clerical errors.

I fully sympathize with Obama on this one. It's an insignificant distraction that could have happened to anyone of us.

Could've happened to anyone. This morning I had to rewrite a check because of getting the date wrong.

Talking over the National Anthem wasn't President Obama mistake, but the conductors who started the National Anthem while the President of the United States was talking. You know the guest who was proposing a toast to the Queen at the time. Is that how you treat all your guest?

This. If Obama had let the National Anthem interrupt him mid sentence, he wouldn't be respecting the UK, he'd be quietly accepting blatant disrespect for the country he represents.

If the PM or Queen came to the US and were halfway through a toast when someone started playing the National Anthem, I'd be unimpressed if they stopped. Though given the somewhat lopsided nature of the 'special' relationship, I wouldn't be especially surprised.

In either case, it'd be the conductors who should get censured/relieved of their position.

Yes, we're quite sinister. o_Q

I see what you did there.

I (all too frequently) write or tell others that my date of birth is in fact in the current year. It provokes puzzled looks from airport security staff. :nut:

Like the kid in the first pub scene in Hot Fuzz?

I know what probably happened. The government is notorious for having a backlog of paperwork. He was probably filling out a tonne(not to be confused with the US Ton equivalent to 2000 lbs, this would be the 2000 Kilograms) of paperwork regarding presidential stuff that had start dates in or around 2008 so most likely got used to filling in the year of 2008. Like contract begin and end dates which likely started before he was president. And in case anyone wonders... Yes, the government has more paperwork than even your job. Working for a government contractor means I have a boatload more paperwork.

Archived