Home

TOR: Revan Synopsis Released

Gurges-Ahter

Random House released a synopsis for Karpyshyn's Revan novel.

Link

There’s something out there:

a juggernaut of evil bearing down to crush the Republic—

unless one lone Jedi, shunned and reviled, can stop it.

Revan: hero, traitor, conqueror, villain, savior. A Jedi who left Coruscant to defeat Mandalorians—and returned a disciple of the dark side, bent on destroying the Republic. The Jedi Council gave Revan his life back, but the price of redemption was high. His memories have been erased. All that’s left are nightmares—and deep, abiding fear.

What exactly happened beyond the Outer Rim? Revan can’t quite remember, yet can’t entirely forget. Somehow he stumbled across a terrible secret that threatens the very existence of the Republic. With no idea what it is, or how to stop it, Revan may very well fail, for he’s never faced a more powerful and diabolic enemy. But only death can stop him from trying.

Wait wait wait.

So they're talking about what he saw when he left to destroy the Mandalorians? I.E. MALACHOR V?

Or are they saying he met The True Sith or whatever when he left the galaxy? But in that case they wouldn't say "Revan can't quite remember".

I don't get any of this, when is the novel set, what does it cover?

It'll touch on the basic events that happened in the games and have more of the story before, between and after the games. I'm curious if it will deal with the holocron Revan made on the dark side, and to what depth. Also I wonder if the memories of the holocron was among the memories he recovered--I'm thinking no. It'll probably be designed to generate interest in the game.

Drew K even said what he would and wouldn't generally be touching upon. To rehash:

It'll probably touch on the canon outcomes for K1, probably go into detail of his relationship with Bastila, bringing Malak down, Revan's memories returning between the games, and leaving for the outer rim.

Considering the Mandalorians, Canderous Ordo will undoubtedly be touched upon. Also the droids T3 and HK had a lot to do with everything in both games. And a few others.

The Exile will also be in it so it'll probably go into the Mandalorian wars a bit, Revan defeating the mandalore and hiding the helmet, malachor V, possibly some of what happened in k2, the Exile rebuilding the Jedi Order shortly thereafter and rejoining Revan. There is little doubt in my mind Kreia will at least be mentioned.

The most interesting part will be after the two games. The outer rim. I wonder if there was meaning to that last vision in Ludo Kressh's tomb?

We do know Revan made a facility/tomb of his own and it was placed in just such a position that mercenaries and republic sentiments surrounding were unknowingly and ephemerally powering the place. The Sith Emperor knew of it but told relatively nobody and it was unopened. Tends to make me think whatever happened to Revan, that he had loyal remnants to continue to carry out his final wishes. Who knows if the remnants of Revan are still around 300 years later?

At any rate...

"What is the final fate of Revan?" Eerie, and interesting he asked what is, and not what was.

I'm currently writing a blog and it deals with the possibility of Revan's "rebirth" and its meaning. There's a particular theory in my mind that seems to stick out the most. For the record, I hope what is actually the case is no more than the force ghost cliche. The theory I have come up with, unfortunately, is exactly what I hoped wouldn't be the case. Evidence wise I have small but plausible things, thankfully nothing solid yet.

Archived