• X-Wing
    • Y-Wing
    • A-Wing
    • B-Wing
    • TIE Fighter
    • TIE Advanced
    • TIE Bomber
    • TIE Interceptor

Which one is your favourite starfighter from the Original Trilogy?

Mine is probably the A-Wing (ever since I was a kid), the only thing I felt it lacked was a droid.

The X-Wing comes as a close second, though. Never payed much attention to the B-Wing because it's barely seen, and the Y-Wing always felt "unfinished".

As for the TIE's, I like the TIE Fighter.

The X-wing was one of the first elements of Star Wars that I was introduced to as a child. Heck I think I might have been shown a model X-wing even before I heard of lightsabers. I just really like the design.

• 2 weeks later...

The original TIE Fighter is probably the most known SW aircraft and my fave. The X-wing is probably the only other one that can compete (and follows closely by in my books), but since the Alliance used such a vast array of fighters, it has to share the attention with so many others. While on the Empire's side, it's just the TIE/In or a variation that bears striking resemblance - we just can't help but think of the original TIE when we see the TIE Interceptor or the TIE Bomber. A symbol of the Empire as much as the Star Destroyer.

Never cared much about the A-Wing, though. I know it's supposed to be an air-superiority fighter, much like the TIE-Interceptor, except with shields, and therefore a starfighter killer, but I just don't dig the design. Always liked the B-Wing better (a beast among fighters) and even the Y-Wing, for looking so original and the perfect cannon-fodder.

The TIE Interceptor has to be on top, it is deadly, sleek, and can fly circles around the TIE. If i am just choosing from the options in the poll, the interceptor is absolutely the sexiest. I would have loved to be at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando to see that full sized, Interceptor that you could actually sit in. Damn this thing the world calls a job, i would have loved to be there.

A-Wing :carms:

When it goes down, it takes the Super Star Destroyer Executor with it.

This scene made me a fool for years. I've believed since then that taking down the bridge was enough to sink any ship, as if the ship couldn't be commanded from anywhere else, like an alternate bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I suppose, since we're just talking about starfighters from the OT, I can't mention my ALL TIME FAVORITE STARFIGHTER! The TIE Defender: sexy, fast as an A-Wing, great shields, laser and ion cannons, hyperdrive, and missiles! In the old game TIE Fighter, it was far and away the best of the lot, with only the Missile Boat able to compete.

But - heave sigh - since I can't mention that, I'll have to go with Darth Vader's custom TIE Advanced x1. Fast as an Interceptor with shields and hyperdrive, wooooooooooooooooo! Plus it's a TIE - that means it looks cool.

Next favorite are actually three I can't choose between: X-wing, B-wing, and TIE Interceptor. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived