Home

Stanley Cup Finals: Boston Bruins vs Vancouver Canucks

Who do you think will win the series?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the series?

• Boston Bruins in 4
    • Boston Bruins in 5
    • Boston Bruins in 6
    • Boston Bruins in 7
    • Vancouver Canucks in 4
    • Vancouver Canucks in 5
    • Vancouver Canucks in 6
    • Vancouver Canucks in 7
    • Yoda on Ice

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pshh, don't you Canadians normally wrestle polar bears anyway? Or was that the Inuits...?

Only the northern-most igloos have regular polar bear sightings. Down further south, and especially in my area, the closest we have are geese and abnormally large beavers. Maybe the odd moose.

although in fairness it did sabotage my poll haha but it was funny so it's worth it.
Sabotaging your poll was not the intention. Like The Doctor wrote it wasn’t anything personal, it is just the ‘Yoda’ option is a tradition in most polls in Ahto.

Couldn’t find a Yoda on ice, but found the next best thing a Yoda made of ice.

ice-yoda.jpg

I believe it's a synonym for a bear originally; as in reynard circle fables, or a eurasian brown bear.
Yeah, in our language, bruin means brown, originally referring to the brown bear and indeed being used as the name for the bear in the reynard fables.

Couldn’t find a Yoda on ice
Made me think of this:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I find it quite interesting how the NFL threads are pretty closely monitored for spam, yet this thread is full of it. Don't normally point these things out over here, but please, if you're not into hockey why are you posting in this thread?

I actually never thought I'd defend a sport in my life... but someone had to say it.

I find it quite interesting how the NFL threads are pretty closely monitored for spam, yet this thread is full of it. Don't normally point these things out over here, but please, if you're not into hockey why are you posting in this thread?

Because we have something to say about it anyway. If there were other people having a serious discussion about it here, I may have stayed out of it to not disturb them.

Besides, this isn't hockey, it's ice hockey.

Because we have something to say about it anyway. If there were other people having a serious discussion about it here, I may have stayed out of it to not disturb them.

I dunno man, and I do understand there's always a couple of people saying how their preferred sport is better than the one discussed and I'm okay with that - but this thread is just 90% spam from people who are just posting out of boredom pretty much. If someone did this to their precious NFL threads they'd throw a ****ing hissy fit over it.

Besides, this isn't hockey, it's ice hockey.

Wat?

I dunno man, and I do understand there's always a couple of people saying how their preferred sport is better than the one discussed and I'm okay with that - but this thread is just 90% spam from people who are just posting out of boredom pretty much. If someone did this to their precious NFL threads they'd throw a ****ing hissy fit over it.

Because there's obviously more than one person interested in NFL on this board, and the number for NHL hasn't gone above 1 yet, so there really isn't even much of a discussion right now.

Because there's obviously more than one person interested in NFL on this board, and the number for NHL hasn't gone above 1 yet, so there really isn't even much of a discussion right now.

That's probably true, I just thought there was kind of a double standard going on. But that's just me.

If someone did this to their precious NFL threads they'd throw a ****ing hissy fit over it.

I looked at 4 of the most recent threads about the NFL in Ahto. Only two posts were deleted in those threads; one was deleted by a moderator as it was a spambot and the other post was deleted by the member that wrote the post. I also only saw one moderator note in the four threads. The Moderator note was Jae saying she added a poll to one of the Super Bowl threads. So I don't see how a NFL threads are more closely moderated than this thread. ;)

Now if someone mucks up a precious College Football thread then you will see a hissy fit. :xp:

this is getting dumb. could a Moderator please lock or delete this thread. sorry I tried to start a conversation about something other than NFL or soccer...

won't make that mistake again.

Sorry, not going to lock the thread at this point. 18 people have voted in your poll. 3 actually voted as if they were interested in hockey. With the series tied at 2 with three games to go (not sure if Hockey is called games or not) someone may actually be interest in posting something hockey related.

Atho is not a serious discussion forum nor is it a sports discussion forum so expecting people to have a serious discussion of sports is wishful thinking at best. Other than the post yesterday questioning my moderating abilities (which I have none). Most of the post in this thread are somewhat dealing with the subject matter even if it is only trying to humorlessly :xp: figure out the names of the teams.

If another moderator wants to kill the thread feel free.

I’ll even admit since you posted this topic I have watched the highlights on sportcenter. Usually I turn the channel as soon as they show a sport beyond football (real American FOOTBALL), baseball, basketball or college anything. I thought the series was over when Vancouver was up 2 nothing. Didn’t know home ice was such an advantage.

I wasn't so much expecting them to be interested as dismayed at the number of spam posts. I get the whole idea of the forum not being a serious discussion place. but seriously i wish if people weren't interested they wouldn't post. that's all.

Alright I watched the first two periods of game 7 of the Stanley Cup. Someone told me that game 7 was the most intense final of any sports. I have to admit even not understanding the rules it was riveting sports television up until the Bruins scored the 3rd goal. While I don’t think it is more exciting than the college football national championship or the Superbowl, I will admit it seems more intense. The last time I watched that much hockey was 02/24/1980 when the USA beat Finland.

One question Vancouver lost, but yet riots broke out? That must be a northern thing. Isn’t the rule you riot to celebrate when your team wins? Guess I will never understand it. Houston, a town renowned for being losers in sports, won the NBA title twice and did not riot. We lost the World Series after years of baseball frustration, but again did not riot. Like I wrote, guess that is a northern thing. ;)

2, actually. I voted Vancouver in 5 games because a parrot at the Vancouver Aquarium predicted it, and parrots know their hockey.

Did anyone cook the uneducated hockey parrot in the riot? :xp:

Archived