Home

Saints Row The Third

Ctrl Alt Del

Not that there's anything special about Saints Row. In my books it's a fun but mindless GTA clone that let's you blow things up even more indiscrimenately than the former.

But there's something mesmerizing in a trailer with this particular Kanye West song.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I probably enjoyed Saints Row 2 far more than it deserved. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is any good.

With the futuristic VTOL aircraft, I guess the SR timeline is getting closer and closer to catching up with the 2070 start of Red Faction. It's strange having two series so different in attitude share a universe.

Of course, what I really want is Freespace 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Judging by the gameplay videos from E3, SR3 is going to be awesome. The developers have pretty much said the game is all about messing around and blowing stuff up. It also has co-op multiplayer similar to SR2.

I can't wait to see what other aircraft they're going to reveal.

Trailer kicks ass. I loved Saints Row 2, it was so much better than GTA 4 IMHO, because it focused on pure unadulterated fun. I'll be getting SR3 for sure, maybe not straight away though.

GTA 4: Sad, poor, Eastern European man shoots people, steals cars, stays sad, doesn't stay poor.

Saints Row 2: Morbidly obese Cockney crossdresser hijacks military helicopters, jumps out and parachutes into a group of yakuza, proceeds to pimp-slap them to death with a giant foam hand, and takes over the entire city while making millions.

There's definitely something to be said for pure, absurd, fun.

Archived