Home

Dr. Death meets Death

mimartin

Dr. Jack Kevorkian, who became known as “Dr. Death because of his crusade to legalize physician-assisted suicide, passed away 06/03/2011. Between 1990 and 2000, Dr. Kevorkian assisted 130 terminally ill in suicide.

No matter your stance on the subject of assisted suicide, you should admire the man convection of his belief. How many of us would continue are fight for what we considered an injustice with the threat of jail?

At one time I thought he was a total crackpot, but after watching my father, step-father, step-mother and grandparents battle cancer or Parkinson’s disease my stance has changed.

RIP Dr. Kevorkian.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.[/Quote]

God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

hehe it's pretty easy to find quotes in the bible to support whatever stance you take...

At any rate, I look at it like this. while murder and suicide are bad, there are worse things than death. Forcing a person to endure torture for years is in my eyes far worse than killing them. We don't force a woman who's being beaten by her husband to stay with them....

Now, to keep it somewhat light:

any word on if he assisted in his own death?

Wasn’t really using the quote to support my position because my position on this particular is my own and I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I was more saying that if there is a God, then Dr. Death will be judged now.

any word on if he assisted in his own death?
That would be a violation of his parole.

A part of me sympathizes with the guy. A person's life is there's, isn't it?

People who try to forcefully prevent a person from committing suicide are merely being selfish, IMO.

Well, obviously whatever the case, if you're gonna do it, be deliberate about it.

OH and if it's gonna be messy about it, do it outside. You might not think anyone cares if you do, but I can tell you that the poor guy whose gotta clean that $%^@ up isn't gonna be happy about it. Least you could show him some consideration.

I don't have a problem with Kevorkian. He just helped people who wanted to die do so in a less painful way than they might have managed themselves. He had very exacting standards, and rejected 4 out of every 5 requests due to his belief that the patient needed more treatment before taking such permanent measures. Definitely not the course of action a malicious killer jumping at any excuse for murder would take.

However I disagree with this:

No matter your stance on the subject of assisted suicide, you should admire the man convection of his belief. How many of us would continue are fight for what we considered an injustice with the threat of jail?

I have met people with absolutely repugnant beliefs, and I refuse to admire them because of their conviction in those beliefs. Conviction in ones beliefs (even if they run counter to mine) can be an admirable trait, but it sure isn't always.

I have met people with absolutely repugnant beliefs, and I refuse to admire them because of their conviction in those beliefs. Conviction in ones beliefs (even if they run counter to mine) can be an admirable trait, but it sure isn't always.
I agree, but I was talking more along the lines of someone standing behind their conviction to the point of going to jail for those conviction. I can admire that type of wherewithal even if I laugh at their belief.

I agree, but I was talking more along the lines of someone standing behind their conviction to the point of going to jail for those conviction. I can admire that type of wherewithal even if I laugh at their belief.

And I'm talking about people willing to go to jail, or even die, for their convictions. I cannot admire conviction in certain beliefs.

But I'm getting too srs business for Ahto (not to mention off topic), so I'll go ahead and keep quiet on this subject now.

Archived