Home

Grim Fandango e-book

MeddlingMonk

With help from Mikkel Rasmussen (meaning, he did all the work), there is finally an e-book version of the Grim Fandango novel.

It's in the epub format, so it's compatible with any e-book reader that supports that format. For the others, calibre should be able to convert it for your device. But remember, that's "should". And calibre is itself also a software e-book reader.

Below are direct links to the epub files. They are the same text, but formatted somewhat differently for different devices.

This version should work fine with most e-book readers and with calibre.

This version is tweaked to work with the Nook. (The difference being that the Nook requires, according to Mikkel, a flat directory structure. So if you have a Nook, or the first version just doesn't look right or work correctly, try this one.)

I should mention that the PDF version is still available at The DOD although the epub text has been tweaked slightly to include fewer typos and more onions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just finished reading the book on my iPad: It was a delight. A lot of respect for the guy(s?) who wrote this. Loved reading how some of the lose ends were tied together in this book. On top of that, while reading I felt I was back 12 years old again playing the game for the first time.

Cannot thank you enough.

Thanks. For making me feel old. (Actually, I lie. I never feel old.)

Mikkel, for the record, did the work on the epub conversion. I was having trouble with that on my own, and he volunteered to do it. I'm the only one responsible for the novel itself. Any blame, censure, or lawsuits should be directed to me alone.

(I wonder if this thread should be sticky? Not my decision, I guess, not even if I had jam on my fingers.)

What I also really liked about the book was the consistent quality. More than once you see that fan work starts off really ambitious and that this transfers to a very good start, but that the determination drains over time.

This book was written in a brilliant way beginning to end (of the line). :)

Brilliant? I'd be stupid to even imply that I agree with that. I do agree that a lot of fan efforts start with high ambitions and then quickly peter out. It's hard not to seem brilliant in comparison. I suspect a lot of fan projects begin without anyone really thinking things through and having a plan. I had a plan, that's all.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived