Home

'Return' Cinematic Trailer Unveiled

News

Actually, I think Sbarge did great with Scorch. And he also voiced a character in the Avatar animated series, which really didn't sound much like Carth. Kaidan, on the other hand... ugh.

Yeah, Kaidan is pretty much the only character I remember him playing that I didn't like a bit. Carth was possibly his best work. He may have been a self-righteous, distrusting douchebag, but he always sounded like the cool, seasoned war-hero for me, all right.

That style was in Jedi Academy. It was obscure, but there.

*hits head on wall*

I should have bought it on sale those few years ago. Oh the things one missed without having JA. >_<

I think it makes sense - the 'bad feeling' Satele sensed was obscured by hyperspace. When the attacking ships came out of hyperspace, the Jedi would've been hit with the dark force presences of the Sith aboard them.

Suddenly presented with this scene, the Zabrak Master's mind quickly processes the information: An attacking contingent of large, unrecognizable warships and starfighter squadrons; overwhelmingly dark force presences among them.

Then his mind clicks as he comes to the logical conclusion: "The Sith Empire has returned!"

It makes sense but in a shabby, "hanging on by a thread" sort of way. Most casual non SW fan type of gamer people wouldn't really think about it that way (though maybe BioWare should hire you to help get that impression across as nicely as you just did). The casual fan is still going to be like "Huh?" Just seems a bit...off.

Jennifer Hale is a very talented actress, though. She can pull off so many voices and accents that one never sounds exactly the same as the other. I always envision the Jedi Exile being voiced by her doing her Commander Shepard voice.

Voice actors/actresses are expensive and it's nice to see we get our money's worth with Hale.

You know that actually reminds me of a funny little something.

Van Dread anime has a problem as the main cast of about 8 girls are voiced by the same 3-4 actresses. They all sound a little different, but you can tell which characters have which of the same same actresses' voices. Still that's quite a challenge where you're doing multiple characters and going for only subtly different for each one as opposed to very different and still manage at being convincing about it.

Just wish Rob Zombie did a little voice work for TOR. :p

Voice actors/actresses are expensive and it's nice to see we get our money's worth with Hale.

You know that actually reminds me of a funny little something.

I thought you could get decent VAs for cheap by going to local news channels. IIRC that's what a lot of them do on the side.

Archived