Home

Halo 4

Taak Farst

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Well, here it is. Announced at the end of the Microsoft E3 conference.

Quite surprised really, I could swear they said Halo Reach would be the last in the series, but suddenly they have announced this, as the start of another trilogy? O.o

Oh well, that will be interesting to see.

They said Reach would be the last Halo from Bungie. MS isn't going to stop until Halo no longer brings in money.

I've never been a huge fan of Halo. I don't hate the games, I've just always felt that there were better shooters available. So I don't really have more than a passing interest in it. I do hope they take the opportunity provided to them (Chief being in cryosleep drifting through space for who knows how long) to make a big jump into the future, as that could have interesting story consequences. However, I do worry that the new developers might just try to play it safe by keeping the setting everyone's familiar with.

The trailer is pretty meh compared to everything we've seen so far on this edition of E3. Nevertheless, it caught me with my guard down, I certainly saw more Halo coming, but with a 4 on it? I'm a long time fan of the series, but let's see how this one will fare.

They said Reach would be the last Halo from Bungie.

They also said after three too that it would be that last Halo (and three was the last Halo for me).

I loved Halo, but to me Halo 2 was okay and Halo 3 was meh, which I only bought to see how the story would end. Not really Bungie's fault, my taste in games just changed.

So I'll pass on Halo 4 unless something magical happens.

Microsoft: We're not addicted to releasing Halo games. We can stop any time we want to. In fact, this will be the last one, I swear.

Lol, for a strange reason, i very highly doubt that:)

Also, before when i said Halo 3 was the said conclusion, i meant for master chief and his era.

On a side note, why is it that the soldiers and spartans from Reach look more advanced than the ones in H3? Reach was set to be before the events of H3.

On a side note, why is it that the soldiers and spartans from Reach look more advanced than the ones in H3? Reach was set to be before the events of H3.
Why do the SW prequel movies have better CGI than the OT?

On-Topic: I don't have a 360

Why do the SW prequel movies have better CGI than the OT?

On-Topic: I don't have a 360

Things in star wars are relatively the same or very similar to each other.

What im saying is H3 and HReach were made within four years of each other in production. Also, what about the armor lock things? How did those just suddenly disappear?

I'm not gonna lie: as long as I can dual-wield, drive vehicles and play as Master Chief, I'm satisfied. I'm interested in what exactly they have planned for Halo 4... Forerunner stuff perhaps? Could be interesting... but there's no war with the Covenant anymore... no more relentlessly killing grunts, and let's face it, that's the selling point of the game.

Could be interesting... but there's no war with the Covenant anymore... no more relentlessly killing grunts, and let's face it, that's the selling point of the game.

The Prophets are no more and so ends the old war that was waged since Halo 1. That does not mean the aliens to keep on individually or even in group (the Brutes, for example, I can hardly see running from the fight). Eventually, they will just create an excuse to make the game work.

They also said after three too that it would be that last Halo (and three was the last Halo for me).

I thought they said that it would be the last one with the Master Chief? Regardless, it would appear to be a moot point, they're making another one.

I'm rather pleased with the Anniversary Edition of Combat Evolved. I think that will be highly enjoyable. As far as Halo 4 goes, I'm going to remain leery of it until I find out more. I'm not too excited about restarting a series that has already concluded (and concluded well, IMO).

I'm looking forward to this. Have you guys seen the Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition?

It's pure nostalgia, exactly why it'll be awesome. Though I've played the original so many times now they'll have to do more than just updating the graphics and gameplay.

Halo: Combat Evolved will always be the best Halo game IMO. The amount I still enjoy playing it today is kinda insane. All other Halo games are merely okay next to the power of CE. I think the Halo mythology was also best in its primitive form.

But in the end I view getting another Halo much better than getting more Call of Duty. I'd play generic sci-fi over the generic military shooter anyday.

Halo: Combat Evolved will always be the best Halo game IMO. The amount I still enjoy playing it today is kinda insane. All other Halo games are merely okay next to the power of CE. I think the Halo mythology was also best in its primitive form.

But in the end I view getting another Halo much better than getting more Call of Duty. I'd play generic sci-fi over the generic military shooter anyday.

HD, up to date graphic remake, coming soon :)

It's pure nostalgia, exactly why it'll be awesome. Though I've played the original so many times now they'll have to do more than just updating the graphics and gameplay.

I can't agree with you anymore. A lot of people think it's Bungie's lame excuse for making money. I don't mean to bash in them, but it's kind of true.

And sorry mate, you're probably not going to get anything more out of the campaign aside from eye candy. In an interview, the Bungie guys stated that the gameplay was going to remain the same. :[

Still, can't hurt to smile at the memories of the old classic Halo neh? :thmbup1:

And the multiplayer might have some improvements. :)

A lot of people think it's Bungie's lame excuse for making money. I don't mean to bash in them, but it's kind of true.

Considering Bungie's not developing Anniversary, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

A Microsoft cash grab, perhaps. A Bungie one, no.

Anyway, who says Halo 4 has to have anything to do with the Human-Covenant War? Maybe they'll actually tread new ground with it.
Pretty sure Master Chief and Shepard are going to tag team some Reapers...

Shepard: Wrex.

Wrex: Chief.

Master Chief: Shepard.

Shepard: Chief.

Master Chief: Wrex.

Wrex: Shepard.

Yeah, it's 343 Industries. Bungie is doing other stuff.

Anyway, who says Halo 4 has to have anything to do with the Human-Covenant War? Maybe they'll actually tread new ground with it.

That's what I'd hope for. It'd be a pity if they didn't take advantage of 3's hypersleep ending to jump a decent amount into the future.

Archived