Home

Halo 4

Taak Farst

And sorry mate, you're probably not going to get anything more out of the campaign aside from eye candy. In an interview, the Bungie guys stated that the gameplay was going to remain the same. :[

I saw that too. But maybe something has changed anyway, since on this same interview they have footage of assassination, a feature only introduced in Reach. Maybe that's just for multiplayer. Anyway, their purpose is remaking the game so there's no deviation on only updating the graphics. From what I've heard it's not going to be as expensive as a new release so I might end buying it.

Loved the campaign and the multiplayer classic maps. LAN partying with 4 connected Xbox was absurdly fun.

It's amazing people think that Microsoft wouldn't take Halo further than Reach. Of course they're gonna milk it for everything it's worth. Why would the deviate from what every other company has done with IP's they have a hold of?
Like Lucasarts? :p

The comparison between Microsoft and LucasArts does not compute.

Microsoft has been doing A LOT over the last few years and pushing their platform to as many people as they can through various means. LucasArts has been sitting there grinning like an idiot, waiting for BioWare to finish The Old Republic. If it wasn't for Microsoft pushing LucasArts to make a Kinect game they probably wouldn't have even done anything about that!

Anyway, back to Halo 4... it's way too early.

343 Industries should have done the Halo 1 remake then released the Halo 2 remake a year after. Only then after the release of Halo 2 remake should they have announced Halo 4 and made sure it was a launch title for their next generation console.

A new generation of Halo for a new generation of Xbox.

Instead of having 4 on 360 and possibly have 5 and 6 on the 720... seems stupid to split it that way when they could dedicate the 360 to the Human-Covenant War (Halo:Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach) and have the new system begin the new chapter in the story.

i don't know about this one. its hard not to compare the Halo franchise to CoD since they're both cash cows, but i'd really prefer not to see Halo turn into some annual FPS launch like CoD.

and, yes, the recent ODST and Reach games are just more grabs for cash similar to the CoD releases, but there was one thing that stood out. you see, with CoD, all you really get from year to year is a new collection of multiplayer maps, a really short and uninteresting singleplayer, and zombies with every other release.

at least with the past couple iterations of Halo, you got something truly unique about the experience. ODST gave you a completely different way to play, and the storytelling was actually worthwhile to sit through (even if it was a smidgen predictable). Reach did something that Halo 2 should have done: bridge the gameplay of Halo CE with Halo 3, and it did so in a way that made sense.

that said, i'm really hoping that this doesn't turn into some CoD thing with something coming out every year. a bunch of half-baked products with nothing new is nothing to write home about, and i would prefer to see the really high quality that Bungie put into the franchise.

In a perfect world where Microsoft wasn't using Halo as a cash cow, they'd get 343 Industries to create a dedicated Halo multiplayer game you download from Xbox Live that includes all of the multiplayer goodness from every Halo game ever released in one package that they could update every so often... you know, so they don't end up wasting disc space and having people choose between which flavour of Halo multiplayer they'd like to play today by choosing which disc they want to insert into their console...

@ Sabre: Your opinion doesn't count because you pirate everything :p

The comparison between Microsoft and LucasArts does not compute.

Microsoft has been doing A LOT over the last few years and pushing their platform to as many people as they can through various means. LucasArts has been sitting there grinning like an idiot, waiting for BioWare to finish The Old Republic. If it wasn't for Microsoft pushing LucasArts to make a Kinect game they probably wouldn't have even done anything about that!

My point was it seems to me that LA is one example of a company that is not milking their IPs for all they are worth. I was specifically thinking of X-Wing, JK, Republic Commando, and possibly even KOTOR.

I wasn't comparing them to MS. :)

Archived