Home

The worst trailer you will ever see...

Haha, I've seen worse... Mind you, it still makes me weep a little. Strange series, DMC. First one, amazing. Second, OK. Third, great. 4th... don't know; never played, but i hear it's meh. 5th one... well I'll never forgive them for turning Dante into this puling little emo-kid. Grah.

Not the worst trailer by far, but certainly not good. Messing with Dante's looks has to be one of the worst decisions Ninja Theory could have ever done. The way players react you'd think the devs are kidnapping their own moms. NT seems receptive enough to put a Devil Trigger of sorts when Dante turns into his old, white-haired self (from what I could see), but not enough to scrap this design and come back with old one.

What really bothers me though is the action. It doesn't look like much, nowhere as over the top as the previous Capcom-made games. It seems more clunky than it should - though I realize it's WIP, it leaves me worried. This is coming from someone that still plays DMC3 from time to time.

Yeah, ok, they messed with how he looks, and the gameplay doesn't look as good. That's unfortunate. However, it wasn't the worst trailer.

The worst trailer, the one that did unspeakable things to a franchise, was this one:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Gearbox plan for success:

- Have a good, quite well-researched, reasonably authentic (though not realistic), semi-tactical squad-based shooter franchise.

- Watch Inglourious Basterds, miss what people actually enjoyed about it.

- Decide there are plenty of squad-based tactical shooters out there, what people really need more of are arcade exaggerated shooters.

- Turn next game in franchise into a video game of Inglourious Basterds, only with all the good dialog and well-done scenes changed into 'LOL NAZIS DIE SO FUNNY!! NAZI GETS ELECTROCUTED IN BALLS LOLOLOLOL! ONE SOLDIER IS A COWBOY GUY FROM TEXAS AND THERES A BIG GUY WHO CHAINSAWS A NAZI ON A TOILET OMG SO FUNNY LOLOL!!11!'

This one has me wetting my trousers but from what I've gathered the game itself is terrible... :¬:

Considering everyone who's had a chance to play it has come away with overall positive reviews, It's hard to say that the game itself is terrible.

Big deal, Lucas did borrow the story for Star Wars from a Japanese series. There's a lot of borrowing when it comes to styling, and there were plenty of differences. I mean really, ObiWan went down without a fight. This master was swinging all the way down. There were no troops helping them, they were trying to be sneaky. This one they were running and gunning with troops providing return fire on their behalf. So what if there was a smuggler and a jedi leaving on a ship. There was also a trooper leaving on the ship. And quite frankly they brought back one of the things I thought was missing from the Prequels... the cowboy character.

It's not about borrowing, everyone does that. The trick is making it your own. But this trailer was pretty much a copy, with the things you mentioned just little details that change it up a bit. Did the cowboy really have to recited a line of Han Solo? Did they have to use the original themes from Star Wars? I think they could've made a bit more their own.

I agree, though. A cowboy was one of the things missing from the prequels. :)

I dunno, Some borrowed lines, and musicdo seem to me to be smaller changes than the huge fight as opposed to letting yourself get cut down. Massive asplodies, crashing through a ship to escape. I mean maybe it's because I'm more a visuals kinda guy. But they really did change it up to be more action oriented in my eyes. More or less ramped up.

Though the use of the Imperial March theme seemed a bit much. But it's something people can identify with. It's part of the advertising. THIS. IS. STAR WARS!

Most of us are on this particular site because of KotOR, a game that borrowed heavily from Star Wars in general, but especially the OT. Now we are critical of the same company for borrowing heavily from the same places for a game trailer for a game based on KotOR. Yeah, “I have a bad feeling about this.”

I've thought that the use of the original Star Wars soundtrack has been pretty good throughout the cinematic trailers so far.

It's a little in your face at some points, but I still think it fits in well enough. And based on BioWare's music in general, they would have to do something spectacular to even rival the Star Wars Soundtrack.

And based on BioWare's music in general, they would have to do something spectacular to even rival the Star Wars Soundtrack.

The would have had to called Faunts again.

They better call Faunts for the ME3 soundtrack.

And based on BioWare's music in general, they would have to do something spectacular to even rival the Star Wars Soundtrack.
They did it with KotOR, which worked out pretty well. I'm sure they can come up with exceptional stuff if they hire Soule or Griskey.

Considering everyone who's had a chance to play it has come away with overall positive reviews, It's hard to say that the game itself is terrible.

Obviously not everyone since the preview I read about it described it as being quite boring and just a typical MMO but in a Star Wars setting, I'll reserve judgement until I've tried it but I fear another Galaxies...

Obviously not everyone since the preview I read about it described it as being quite boring and just a typical MMO but in a Star Wars setting, I'll reserve judgement until I've tried it but I fear another Galaxies...

There's always the exception. So we have ONE bad review. I bet I can find at least that many about KotOR.

Actually, it's not just the one. Bit-gamer, Kotaku, Gameinformer (on the top of my head) all found issues, the one a bit more than the other. But it's true there are a lot of positive previews as well, and they're certainly in the majority.

I hope that the people upset about how TOR is looking movie-like were also upset by how movie-like KOTOR looked in comparison to the TOJ series that established the era. Otherwise, the complaints seem a bit silly.

I don't love the changes KOTOR made and this game continued with, but I've accepted that in order to market it as Star Wars without confusing the general public, they need to make these games closer to the movies in style.

The would have had to called Faunts again.

They better call Faunts for the ME3 soundtrack.

Even if they don't, they called the best person possible, Clint Mansell. Who has far more artistic range than most people, having only heard Lux Aeterna and bits of the Fountain soundtrack, realize.

Archived