Home

The worst trailer you will ever see...

They did it with KotOR, which worked out pretty well. I'm sure they can come up with exceptional stuff if they hire Soule or Griskey.
Yeah, and IMO they could use the pre-existing KotOR 1 and 2 soundtracks, awesome on their own. A few remixed tracks here and there coupled with new tracks (and maybe, just maybe, SW music in a few very special places and events).

I hope that the people upset about how TOR is looking movie-like were also upset by how movie-like KOTOR looked in comparison to the TOJ series that established the era. Otherwise, the complaints seem a bit silly.

I don't love the changes KOTOR made and this game continued with, but I've accepted that in order to market it as Star Wars without confusing the general public, they need to make these games closer to the movies in style.

I recall the discussion that was raging here a while back about this topic and I agree to some degree: KotOR had more than a few aesthetic and setting changes to accommodate the players not used to TotJ universe. TOR's continuation to the process is taking it too far, though. There's barely no telling what's so different between what we see on the trailers and the prequels.

I'm seriously considering doing a survey with potential players not too familiar with Star Wars with the question "If you were to determine when in the Star Wars timeline TOR takes place, when would you say it does?", with Before, During and After the movies as possible answers. I get the feeling that most people won't answer correctly.

Even if they don't, they called the best person possible, Clint Mansell. Who has far more artistic range than most people, having only heard Lux Aeterna and bits of the Fountain soundtrack, realize.

After being introduced to Yoann Lemoine's (AKA Woodkid) work on the Assassin's Creed Revelations CG trailer, I'd say this guy is a really talented musicians and especially good with epic songs. If he's interested they should go ahead and get him.

Archived