Home

Severe T-Storm

LordVader1

A Severe Thunderstorm hit my County and I saw a Little Swirl that Possibly could've been a Tornado. Here For Details about the Storm

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2011/06/09/severe-weather-leaves-tens-of-thousands-without-power/

And Pics [NOT MINE] Click -- Images: Severe Weather Slams State

http://www.wfsb.com/news/28188131/detail.html

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM AT YOUR HOUSE?

got caught in a hail storm the other day while i was driving back to work. had to pull over after a while because it was getting so bad (it was a mix of pea sized to golf ball sized). when it was over, there were shredded leaves all over the roads, but thankfully, it didn't damage my truck.

Not like the flat lands and midwest, but I can tell you that inside the crevices of the nearby mountains during storms and blizzards there are stationary mini hurricanes where winds are sometimes in excess of 120 mph. Otherwise it's pretty tame except the bone chilling cold. But right now the last of the snow has *finally* dissipated and it is summer.

Wait it still rains in other parts of the world?

We got rain for the first time in a month and a half this week. Too bad it only lasted for about an hour. This time of year we usually get a thunderstorm every afternoon, but not this year. It has also already been over 100 F a few times this year. Weird year for weather never remember it be freezing for three day straight or not raining for over a month in April, May or June.

On the bright side I’ve only had to mow three times so far this year, usually that it a weekly necessity starting in April.

yeah. just the other day there was a tornado in Massachusetts and the storms from it (mostly wind and severe thundershowers) reached near my home. Also years ago there was a Thunderstorm severe enough to set off both of my parents' cars' alarms at the same time. oh, and the house shook. the entire house, actually. it was pretty epic. here in New England (Massachusetts) Thunderstorms are rather commonplace. the extremes in the temperatures are nasty at times. it can go from 100 degrees out to 50 from day to day. never know what to expect.

~DC

Archived