Home

E3 2011: No Open Beta Planned

News

I think by "Open Beta" they mean let everyone and their brother in. They have over a million beta applications. They already have a closed beta(of sorts) going on right now... Sooo they could open the beta up to 1/10th of the applications and get a feel for how a typical day would be... Then on launch day(just like every other MMO out there) the server will be crying like a little girl as everyone and their brother logs in for the first time.

I think by "Open Beta" they mean let everyone and their brother in. They have over a million beta applications. They already have a closed beta(of sorts) going on right now... Sooo they could open the beta up to 1/10th of the applications and get a feel for how a typical day would be... Then on launch day(just like every other MMO out there) the server will be crying like a little girl as everyone and their brother logs in for the first time.

^ This! I don't know that they need to have a true "open" beta to conduct a stress test on their servers. As Tommycat pointed out that have more than enough beta applications that they can use the people who applied to test their servers at max capacity for as long as they need/want to.

Archived