Home

REQUEST: animation mod

irish_texan

i was wondering if anyone knew of (or is willing to make?) an animation mod that does three things:

1) changes the "roll" animation into more of a battlefront 2 type roll (you know, more like a diving roll, not the jedi knight series "roll")

2) changes the walking and running animations to be more realistic. by realistic i mean, none of this stupid jedi knight series animation that makes the player look as though he is trying to present perfect posture with a rigid back and minimal arm movement while blasting his enemies to pieces. i mean, come on! i want some call of duty or (again) battlefront 2 running (you know, head ducked, arms furiously pumping... in short: combat running, not exercise jogging)

3) and finally, adds a good arm swinging animation to the throwable weapons (detonations packs, trip mines, and thermal detonators) whats up with this "grenades simply popping out of your hand through no apparent intention or action on your part" thing?!

so if anyone is willing to make a mod meeting these specifications i would really appreciate it. i would try to myself, but the jedi academy SDK doesnt work on my computer, nor do any of the programs that came with it (modview, etc) so i am unable to mod :( please please please somebody find or make a mod like this! it would make jedi academy so much indescribably better! thanks you.

I've told a couple of other guys I'd help them with some animations. After those I'll take a look at the run request. Thing is that when you fire a gun it puts the torso of the shooting animation on the legs of the running animation. Same for walking and ducking.

I had some rough/early animations that I did for gun fire for OJP that were based off how I learned to shoot from the Navy.

Here is a vid of the pistol:

I also did the rifles but never made a vid.

As for posture, that is probably individual specific. People don't typically hunch over the gun. They bring the gun up to their shoulder and put thier cheek against the gun. So it looks somewhat hunched, but in fact it isn't.

that looks like a much better pistol animation! (btw, how do you get free camera in game like that? where you can spin around your character?)

also, yes... with the posture thing, i guess i worded it wrong, i suppose "posture" wasnt exactly the correct term... but i assumed it would get my point across; i just mean that the way the player looks in the game isnt at all people look like when they actually fire rifles.

and you should post a vid of your rifle animation!

thanks a bunch! you are really helpful, katanamaru.

BTW: when i said "hunched over" i guess i really meant leaning forward. when i shoot guns IRL, i brace the rifle against my shoulder, place one foot forward and one slightly back, and lean forward into the shot to absorb the recoil.

• 1 month later...

so... I found an easy way to change the rifle fire animation (btw modview works on my computer now). I just went into the animation.cfg and copied the figures for "weaponready4" and pasted them over the figures for "weaponready3". Same with "weaponfire4" and "weaponfire3" now on all the rifles it looks like youre using a scope instead of holding the gun by your hip.

Archived