Home

mod jaconfig wont save

irish_texan

im using the clone ultima mod, and when i bind commands to keys in-game or through manually opening the jaconfig file in the mod folder, the changes i make do not return the next time i play the game with that mod. when i go back and check the jaconfig file in the mod folder, it has overwritten all my binds and changed everything back to default. this is unbelievably aggravating and i am extremely frustrated. please help.

the file is not set to read only. as a matter of fact, i tried setting it to read only AFTER i had made my changes so that it could not be overwritten but when i booted up the game again, i went back and the game had changed it anyway.

i dont think i was playing in safe mode. should i be?

nevermind! problem solved! i just (on inspiration i guess) created a .bat file for my Clones Ultima mod, so now when i boot it up i boot straight to Clones Ultima instead of going through regular JA first and clicking mod in the mods tab of the settings menu. now the jaconfig saves and works; i guess it had something to do with loading up the regular JA with regular jaconfig first, and then starting Clones Ultima out of that. that .bat file fixes everything. thanks anyway guys! how do i close a thread?

Archived