Home

The Clone Wars - Season 4

Alexrd

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The clones are the best part of the Clone Wars series, in my opinion.

And I know I shouldn't start the whole canon whining again, but how much stuff has Anakin already done in this war? He never catches a break, does he? And neither does Obi-Wan, for that matter. I know, this is war, no time to go sun tanning on the beach, but you're waiting for the guy to have a mental breakdown at some point... which, I guess, he does when he becomes Vader. Anyway, Anakin may not be the whiny kid from the movies, but the voice acting is horrible in my opinion and the humor between those Jedi is bad (but I'm expecting too much from a kid series, don't I?)

Really, if they had made this series about the war from the POV of clone troopers, with an occasional appearance of Anakin and other Jedi, I would've really liked it.

but the voice acting is horrible

Really? I think this is the best Anakin version of the franchise. If not for this series, I would still dislike the character.

P.S: I think the series has proven itself that it deserves more than having the derogative label "kids series". It's like calling Star Wars "kids movies". Yes, they are for kids, but they are still more than that.

I hadn't seen any of TCW except for some early episodes where I decided it wasn't for me. Yesterday, after reading on here all the stuff about how it's improved, I took a look at some episodes. I actually enjoyed bits of them. Sure, it's clearly aimed at kids (a bit more than most SW), and there are a ton of shows on TV I prefer, but it isn't intolerable. The canon issues can be handwaved, since canon's always been broken, pick&mix personal canon is the way to go, and you can just say it's an alternate universe or in-universe dramatic embellishment of true events if you want to ignore the conflicts. Seeing Anakin do things that actually merit the heroic status he's later given is nice as well.

Not something I'd watch religiously, but a nice short diversion if I'm bored.

And I know I shouldn't start the whole canon whining again, but how much stuff has Anakin already done in this war? He never catches a break, does he? And neither does Obi-Wan, for that matter. I know, this is war, no time to go sun tanning on the beach, but you're waiting for the guy to have a mental breakdown at some point... which, I guess, he does when he becomes Vader.

Jedi and clones have an absurdly high op tempo. I guess the nature of jedi and clone training, coupled with the fact that as clones, there's no reason for switching between branches or going to training schools after one's first combat deployment, means that lack of time for going to training schools isn't an issue. With the clones, I guess the same might go for the psychological side because of the whole 'genetically engineered for combat' thing.

However, Jedi seem pretty emotionally unstable at the best of times, and prone to turning evil if exposed to too much ****, so a complete lack of leave time seems like asking for trouble. Especially when a single powerful force-user can turn the tide of war. Seriously, most Jedi seem to have a terrible attitude for soldiering (in comparison to ordinary people, not to mention genetically engineered warriors), and their insane level of power is the only reason it makes sense that they're used.

And there I go trying to apply real life to Star Wars again. I need to stop doing that.

Really? I think this is the best Anakin version of the franchise. If not for this series, I would still dislike the character.
This is my feeling as well. And typically I like the banter between Kenobi and Anakin. Makes them seem very much like brothers which is much more reflective of the comments in ANH than we saw in the PT.

Does anyone else not feel they're going overkill with the lightsabers? One of them has TWO double-blades... WTF?

For a guy that has four arms? I can deal with that...

Anyway, I find way more overkill the Jedi on the Return trailer.

I disagree. For all its flaws, The Clone Wars did add more than a few things that were exciting on its own. It made Clones more interesting, it restored Anakin's status as hero of the Clone Wars and Cad Bane served as the template for the smuggler in your avatar.

And the TOR trailer added nothing to the Star Wars mythos. Everything it did, it reiterated from A New Hope and Return of the Jedi. Nothing new to it. That's not to say it wasn't exciting, though, even though I cringed at the lightsaber/double-bladed lightsaber combo.

You mean they both wear a big hat? Cad Bane is a Duros bad guy, this dude is John Marston. I dont know about you but I didn't know the Sith came back in this year BBY and attacked the Korriban outpost, killing satele shans Zabrak master, and that Malgus had a Pureblood Sith master... I do However know that Anakin and Obi wan fought along side clones for 3 years then Anakin fell to the darkside, I also know I dont like Stylised cartoon graphics and Battle droid Humor. I'm not gonna ruin Alexrd's thread with Clone Wars Hate, but I have a lot of opinions on TCW and the route Lucasfilm/licencing is taking, but carry on and enjoy yer Clone Wars :)

Archived