Home

The Clone Wars - Season 4

Alexrd

Well, Cad Bane and this smuggler both wear a hat, yeah. But this isn't where similarities end. Obviously they're both smugglers, but they also both use dual-wielding blaster pistols. You may not see it, but to me, the smuggler's clearly influences by Cad Bane. And it turned out to be the spitting image to John Marston, incidentally. But yes, perhaps this is a topic for a another time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Firefly, no matter what, is still not Star Wars. :cool:

Space ships, Western influences, smugglers, Crime lords, bounty hunters, rare people with mysterious powers, and an evil empire hunting them.

It may not be Star Wars, but change the bullets into lasers, and a few names, and it could be. Do that, get as many writers and actors from the original as possible, and you've solved Firefly's money problem and Star Wars' current mediocrity problem.

You can't compare Firefly to Star Wars because George Lucas hasn't invested his entire life into Firefly. Therefore, he's not going to pour all of his money and his companies resources into anything Firefly related.

It's as simple as that. Find someone who is willing to fund the return of Firefly and Firefly will return.

Star Wars has been dying a slow death for a long time, and as much as the Clone Wars series has improved it still has a way to go. Like everybody else, I say it should focus on the Clones, since it is called the Clone War?

In order for Star Wars to be like Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, or all those good sci-fis, it needs to ditch the kiddie **** and actually needs to have darker plots. Thats what made the series i mentioned above so successful. Ill admit that Clone Wars has gotten a bit darker recently but what it needs is a good villian, not a Doctor Evil which goes and does blunt and stupid things. I'm talking about a villian which is subtle, smart, and cunning. If they do that, it might bring some life into the series.

If the Clones didn't have really bad "Australian" accents then I'd be fine with it... but the fact that the dude who played Jango Fett, Temuera Morrison is a New Zealander makes the accent problem even worse since it should at least be a bad New Zealand accent.

Archived