Home

HELP NEEDED! Republic Commando: Trespass

Notice: This thread is subject to quite a bit of change while the project is in production.

ghost_and_logo.png

If you need to navigate through this page quickly, press Ctrl + F and search for one of these codes to bring you to the section you desire.

Int - Introduction

str - Story

vca - Voice acting

mdl - Modelling

cnc - Contact...

Introduction [int]

Now, this is something I thought was creative; A full-fledged, all out fan-made completely CGI Star Wars movie based on the game Republic Commando.

The story does not follow the story of the game or the books. Rather, it follows the adventures of Epsilon Squad, a group of commandos who recently lost a brother. Their quest; To destroy the HK assassin droid factory on Telos IV before the Separatists activate it. (The HK droids were seen in the KotOR games)

This project was originally going to be stop-action animation with completely built sets. That... didn't work out too well for me. So, when my friend was able to find a 3D Commando file online (It was from the game, credit goes to LucasArts), we decided it would be easier to do it the modern way. This project is intended to be a trilogy if we can manage that, but we may do a stand-alone movie depending on how difficult the process will be. We can't do it ourselves. We need your help.

Story [str]

As I stated, this is a completely new story with all new characters besides Grievous and HK-47. Epsilon squad is sent to Telos IV to destroy an ancient droid factory contructed 4,000 years before by the sith lord Darth Revan. However, the Separatists have other goals. They wish to reactivate the factory and use the HK assassin droids in their already formidable droid army. If they accomplish this goal, the Republic would lose the war in weeks.

However, the prototype for these droids, HK-47 holds a strong grudge for his less sophisticated brothers. He assists the Republic in destroying the factory.

After a boarding party, the Commandos, a small group of clone troopers, and a Jedi Padawan are forced to evacuate and land on Telos in an escape pod hundreds of kilometers away from their objective. For more story details, contact me. (Information below)

Voice Acting [vca]

Of course, to make a movie, you need actors. We don't exactly need many actors, but still, we need whoever we can get. It would be preferred that all 5 commandos sound different, but is not necessary. Open roles are listed below.

Battle droids

HK droids

Clone troopers

RC-1050 "Pulse" - Former tech expert, deceased

RC-[My friend came up with his designation, I forgot it] "Ghost" -Sniper: Metax (Not a Lucasforums member)

RC-2323 "Switch" - Leader

RC-1834 "Krayt" - Demolitions expert

CT-2067 "Evo" - Honorary member of Epsilon squad

Dauru-Vel Antioda -Jedi padawan: Me, 2067 :p

Master Relanei Darilar

If you need to know more about the characters, email me. When you audition, send your Lucasforums username and/or email address and attach a sound file with any Star Wars quote.

Modelling [mdl]

For a CGI Movie, we need modelers. Luckily, there won't be much ACTUAL modelling involved. I mostly need those of you who can mod Knights of the Old Republic and Knights of the Old Republic II to extract a few files and export to .3DS format. Email me for which files we need.

We will also need people for lighting, animating, and editing. Usage of Blender and/or 3DS Max is preferred, and pretty much required.

Contact me [cnc]

HBBG: Email: Toaairmatau@yahoo.com

Crew

Cast

Animation

-Michonicle

Editing

Modelling

Contact me for any questions, comments, issues, or just anything relevant to the project.

Again, this thread is subject to change. I may edit, add, or erase parts of this post as necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be happy to help out with this. I have KOTOR I and II, which I could rip from if you like, and am also a pretty good voice actor. I especially love battle droid voices (not the deep, gritty ones from Republic Commando, but the ones from the movies). I use 3ds Max 2011, but I don't really do detailed custom modelling/animating. I wouldn't mind doing post-rendered editing (don't worry I do HD), skin edits etc. if you want. Bear in mind I'm a HUGE Star Wars nerd, but have only really done basic modding before, mainly in Halo. What music is being used btw? Everything Star Wars MUST have beast music! :D

Oh, and good luck with scripting custom physics and particle effects if you're doing that. I never had any luck. Now, I'm not one to beg, so if YOU'RE interested, just contact me at petera275@hotmail.co.uk.

I'm pretty sure that taking/ripping ANY assets from any LucasArts game is not only against the EULA you agree to when you install the game, but also illegal.

This would also go for taking music from the Star Wars movies themselves.

It's illegal if 1. You put the files into another lucasarts game, or

2. sell the movie. If you're going to say doing this movie is illegal, then there are thousands, if not millions of videos on Youtube with Star Wars music in them. I've read the legal agreement.

Ghost is already taken, sorry. I thought the topic died, so I haven't checked it for a few days. Everyone email me: Toaairmatau@yahoo.com or Harry_billy_bob_george on skype.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I regret to inform everyone that the project will most likely be cancelled. If any of you would like to take control of the project, I will provide you the script, as long as you give credit to David Cunnington and Matthew Castellana for the original screenplay, once the decision is made final.

Please note that this decision is not yet final, but I will be directing my attention more toward a film version of The Old Republic: Revan. I will have to talk to Co-Director Metax before the decision to entirely cancel the film is final. I expect it will more likely join hundreds if not thousands of other Star Wars fan projects that just died out. The project may be revived some day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived