Home

Placeable Tutorial

harIII

Does any body know of a good tutorial on how to model brand spanking new placeables for TSL? I am in dire need of being able to create some new placeables and I can't find a tutorial on it anywhere. If not would someone be willing to make one?

Is this for TSL...you know, there are various tree models in the models section of KotorTool that may be holdovers from K1...they start at the models..or_palm01 thru or_tatshrub01....you will have to create your own lines in the placeable2da file, just copy an existing line and enter the appropriate mdl file in the column..u then need to make your custum .utp file...pretty simple, u can do it.

As far as your mountains, what I usually do is rip them from a room model. You need a large mountain, maybe rip it from a Dxun or Korriban room...center it at 0,0,0 in gmax then pretty much follow that tutorial I mention regarding walkmeshes..

If you need help...let me know.

Ok I tried the tutorial out and I can create a new walkmesh as it tells you how to do but I can't get the new placeable I made to appear in the game. I made a mountain and attached it to the placeable I was working with, but when I open the game up the model doesn't appear but I can run into the walkmesh if I wish. What did I do wrong?

Archived