Home

Al-Zawahri named new Al-Qaida Leader

Istorian

As Al Qaida leaders come and go, they'll all have the same idea to direct all of the group's focus on- trying to kill non-muslims and the countries they live in. 9/11 was a clever and brutal plan, undergoing years of development and killing thousands. With this new guy, will his supposed "innovative" plans kill even more in a shorter time? That's what worries me, really.

And besides, Osama Bin Laden has established Al Qaida moderately well, at this point, how much does charisma matter?

I think it doesn't changes much. Al Qaeda operates in pretty independent cells. A central leadership just gives a name for the Western powers to witch hunt.

And besides, Osama Bin Laden has established Al Qaida moderately well, at this point, how much does charisma matter?

A charismatic leader can attract new followers and inspire loyalty. It's a vital quality for anyone aspiring leadership. Or else it wouldn't be a stat in 9 in 10 RPGs. :xp:

Well, he certainly is Egyptian, born near Cairo, if I'm not mistaken. However, his father was a Muslim fanatic from what I hear. If he is a Jew, I think he's hiding it extremely well!

It was a joke... Kinda in the vein of people claiming Obama is a muslim.

It was a joke... Kinda in the vein of people claiming Obama is a muslim.

Sorry, didn't get it! :p I don't live in the US so I don't get to hear what's being said about Obama.

Funny thing is, it could be taken really seriously by a Muslim fanatic trying to discredit and bring down al-Zawahri.

*everyone look at Istorian*

You know, I actually came second when we voted about Bin Laden's successor, Al-Zawahri beat me for like 2 votes. I mean, it just bugs me, man. Just bugs me.

Sorry, didn't get it! :p I don't live in the US so I don't get to hear what's being said about Obama.

Yeah, I figured you were outside the US. It's a very US centric joke too.

You know, I actually came second when we voted about Bin Laden's successor, Al-Zawahri beat me for like 2 votes. I mean, it just bugs me, man. Just bugs me.

You should have demanded a recount(note also a USish joke).

Al-Zawahri is very good at managing terrorist groups. However, he was already all but leading AQ, so I doubt much will be different in the long term. The short term could be bad, since every day it becomes a less perfect a time for a large reprisal for UBL's death, and AQ want to make one. So far no plots have succeeded, but who knows if that will remain the case.

Well that makes things awkward for us. Unless you care to give me his location. Then we'll be cool.

Archived