Home

Vandar in TOR?

Darth Avlectus

I recently read in a gamer mag, from one of the lucky folks who got to test out TOR gameplay @E3 that there was a yoda-species jedi master in it. It was either PC gamer or Electronic Gaming Monthly...maybe another.

At first I thought this was just BS or maybe BioWare hd taken liberty and created a fourth instance of this creature. I found out that this may in fact BE Vandar Tokare. Says voice actor Tom Kane, who did Vandar incidentally.

Thoughts?

Why do these Yoda guys always have to be Jedi Masters? It's getting more than a little redundant now. Make him a Sith Lord; that'd be really different. Or just a commoner. Hell, he could even still be a Jedi, but make him a Knight or a Padawan. You know, change things up a bit instead of the same old same old.

^^^I second this and further beat the dead horse about "Where is the originality?".

This move gets a 4/10 IMO. Let's just make it even further indistinguishable from the Clone Wars. :dozey:

Now a "Darth Yoda" would make for an interesting twist. An evil little midget dude who is nigh impossible to beat. Kind of like Happosai on Ranma 1/2. :dev9:

Didn't he die on Katarr?

That's what it looked like, yes.

That's what I thought. Then this (link in post 1) showed up. :giveup:

And then:

There is a Yoda-species in one of the Jedi Vids on the official site he's called Oteg ftr, and yes Vandar died on Katarr according to sources, although a lot of things differ to tOR according to older sources :)

Sharp as ever adam. So his name is Master Oteg. Voiced by the same guy who did Vandar. And Vandar DID die, so that's good for continuity sake.

Well since they live to be over 900, it's entirely possible that by the time they are old enough to show, they are already a master. I mean in 1/10th of their lifespan they can go from padawan to master(90 years is a long time). Perhaps the squishy tadpole phase to master is just too hard to imagine.

Well since they live to be over 900, it's entirely possible that by the time they are old enough to show, they are already a master. I mean in 1/10th of their lifespan they can go from padawan to master(90 years is a long time). Perhaps the squishy tadpole phase to master is just too hard to imagine.

While true, there isn't really any reason said species couldn't also just be a very high level jedi knight at their capable bipedal form.

The point I was getting at was originality. Just that another...green elfish shaman midget jedi master sage is getting a bit too repetitive/redundant.

Archived