Home

TF2 Free to Play Now!

Lightsaberboy

Well you guys prolly already figured it out but now apparently it's free! I was more excited about the "meet the medic" video that came out at the same time tho XD

do you guys consider this a good or a bad thing though? i've been seeing mixed responses to this online. some people are happy and others seem mad that the product they paid for is now being offered free. but then again it was part of the orange box for the longest time which was like $20 and 4 games in one, so it was basically about $5 to begin with right? >_>

No one should expect anything they purchase to always be offered at the same price. A game can easily go from $60 to $15 in the amount of time TF2 has been out, so why is it so different when they make it free? After the ruckus everyone made about Valve releasing L4D2 so soon after L4D, it's clear that people will complain about just about anything.

it doesn't bother me too much, but the micro-transactions are somewhat annoying. At least, for no other reason than it gets their foot in the door and companies like activision and ea will stick us with micropayments at every turn they think they can get away with...

I don't mind, TF2 wasn't the main reason I bought the Orange Box anyway. I played it a bit a few years ago, but preferred TFC, and went back to that game.

I loaded it up again more recently, saw all the hats and micro-transactions, and left. I don't see myself loading it up again in the near future.

Those who bought the game before it went free-to-play get a sort of premium subscription of some sort too, with loads of bonuses. Wouldn't complain in that case. Next thing you know, Valve will turn it into a browser-based game and sink id's Quake Live ship.

Archived