Home

Something's wrong with the introduction (possible goofs)

Loozer

Hi there. It's great to find this forum. I hope there are still people interested in FT; it seems that this is the first post of 2011 :)

Well, there have been some things that troubled me in the introduction, especially the things happened after Ben is knocked out. But I never bothered much because I have the tendency to overlook plot elements, so I believed that it was me who was lost; and I never saw anybody noting such things. But yesterday I was replaying FT after quite some years and now I am pretty sure that there are some gaps.

So, when Ben is knocked down, Rip tells Bolus to take his coat and leave. Everybody was supposed to believe it was Ben who left on his bike and all went on to follow him. Then the barman says that they had guns and told him to stall Ben as long as possible, but when did that happen?

The strangest thing of all is that Ben wears the same coat in the intro and during the game, so what coat did Bolus wear? And when the game begins, his bike is back.

My only explanation is that on their way to Corville, Nestor and Bolus returned to the Kickstand, sabotaged the bike, talked to the bartender, and threw the coat in the bin where Ben was still unconscious.

Still, didn't Corley notice Bolus' absence at first? And how the two came back to the Kickstand? In Rip's limo? If yes, Rip must have been with them, but then how come nobody noticed their absence? And how did they catch up with the band again?

Hello there, it's nice to see someone is playing Full Throttle in 2011 :)

So. The word "Coat" can also be interpreted as a derogatory term. When he says "Take this coat and go get his motorcycle" i believe he refers to Ben.

I agree with you on the theory that Nestor and/or Bolus returned to the Kickstand, sabotaged the bike and threatened the bartender to stall Ben, but i believe the "coat" was Ben, it had nothing to do with Ben's leather jacket.

As for the vechicle they used to come back to the Kickstand, later on in the game they drive a different hovercar, the blue one that you take the fan from. It's possible that they used that one.

Of course, in every game or movie such plot gaps can sometimes be inevitable. Nice one on this, but we really don't have to judge the developers for these gaps. :)

Thanks for the reply!

I finished the game and now I have thought of the following:

Bolus was told to ride away as far as to lose sight of the Kickstand. Then he would make a turn and return to it ASAP. When the Polecats leave, we see that the limo is still there, so the limo followed the band.

Corley obviously rode with one of the bikers (we hear him screaming), and I guess Rip/Nestor told him that Bolus is in the john and they will be waiting for him.

Now, Bolus returned not long afterwards, the trio did what they had to do and their limo followed the band. Since Corley required frequent pit stops they would easily catch up with them.

Yeah. Anyway, biker leaders are leaders for a reason (maybe greater intelligence and perception), and most of them would follow their crew leaders through fire. When they heard Ben's bike leaving, they did no second thinking. Also note that The Polecats were broke. Only Ben stood against this oportunity of gaining money. I'm sure the others were eager to gain a few bucks.

"Now, Bolus returned not long afterwards, the trio did what they had to do and their limo followed the band. Since Corley required frequent pit stops they would easily catch up with them."

That's another theory to the blackmailed bartender.

Anyway. I'm sure nobody cared about someone missing. Corley only cared about riding on a bike again and The Polecats cared about following their leader and gaining money. That's it. :cool:

collagepd.jpg

Archived