Home

Ninth Heart: A new rpg WIP

harark1

Ok first I'm not exactly sure where this should go but since 1. It has no relations to Kotor/Tsl(So not Holowan Labs) 2. It is not a current videogame but a video game in the making (So not outlander's club). Thus I think I belongs here, If I'm wrong would the admins please move it to the right area.

Now some of you may remember a while ago when xxRevanxx posted about making Tsl into a mmo in the Holowan labs forum. That thread was closed shortly afterwards do to some complications with the admins on legal issues.(That project was discontinued so that is not what this thread is about.) To be specific we are NOT using any file, models, skins, or the game engine from Kotor/Tsl.

Now what we are doing: Making a video game, specificly a Rpg based in mideveal times. We plan for it to be commercial (Meaning we plan to sell it and make money).

Why I'm posting this here is to 1. Create a little hype and get your attention, 2. Ask people to join us in making the game. (You will be recoknized for what you do, and will be payed.) We are mainly looking for people with skinning abilities, modeling, and some people that know any of these 3 scripting languages: Javascript, Boo, or C#.

For more info please go to our website, which the url is on the bottom of my signature. Thank you for reading this giant amount of text.

I'm curious as to what engine you'll be using, how many people you want/need for it (because I can tell you right now you'll need a lot more then what Ahto has to offer), and a possible time-frame. Looking at your website, it says you only have 3 people including yourself. I hope you know what you're getting into, as it can take a year or two for a good game to be churned out by a professional developer with large teams.

Sorry if I sound condescending, but creating a game from scratch like the OP implies takes an incredibly long amount of time and effort, and unless you get a lot (and I'm not talking 10 or 20, that's the size of a small team at a developer) of people with a lot of serious talent, it'll take years to finish what Obsidian did in 13 months, or any other developer did for any other game in any other amount of time.

yes, but does it make coffee?

perhaps, but it will have a section about when the medieval king of the time fakes a moon landing then tricks everyone in the kingdom about it. you know it today as the moon landing, as kennedy just took the archived footage from the time, shopped it a little, then released it saying we got to the moon first

yes, but does it make coffee?

perhaps, but it will have a section about when the medieval king of the time fakes a moon landing then tricks everyone in the kingdom about it. you know it today as the moon landing, as kennedy just took the archived footage from the time, shopped it a little, then released it saying we got to the moon first

Sorry forgot to state the story was being planned.

Well we did that planning and here is the basic story(Which it is on the website), There are numerous groups on the world in the game, which we named Yerois,(Until we come up with something better, any suggestions?) these groups are fighting over a magical energy called Seris. This energy is used to cast magic and power machinery. You are the leader of one of these groups. The story is going to be comprised of many missions that are acessed from a sort of Home base for your group. The missions will be majorly varied, basiclly a mini story of their own, some of your actions in them will effect what happens in other missions, and which missions you will obtain thus these stories can continue through many missions and effect many others.

Now you will be able to name your group, decide who the members are, and possibly customize your base of operations.(We plan to create a fairly large number of possible charcters that can join. Possibly around 30.) Which charcters you choose to join will affect how the world see's your group, Example: You allow a murderer to join they will see you as more evil, you allow a monk to join you they will see you as more good.

I'm curious as to what engine you'll be using

Now as for the game engine we will be using the unity 3d game engine.(Google it if you're curious.)

perhaps, but it will have a section about when the medieval king of the time fakes a moon landing then tricks everyone in the kingdom about it.

May we use that idea as a mission ingame? We plan to include a few comedy missions and that could actually be pretty good for a mission.(We already have one planned about people warring over cactuses or cacti. Literally which is the plural form of the word cactus. This is because 2 people on the team had an arguement over this and we thought Hey why not?)

Looking at your website, it says you only have 3 people including yourself.

4 now.:lol: Like 1 more person makes much difference.

2 crazy /b/, (me and meh Scottish friend Taylor), and two sane people (harark and his friend amber) so far, although were doing fine, anyway, just having me and taylor affects it drastically, for one, without us 1: there would be no ninth heart, and 2: ITS CACTI NOT CACTUSES!!!! >:o

2 crazy bastards, (me and meh Scottish friend Taylor), and two sane people (harark and his friend amber) so far, although were doing fine, anyway, just having me and taylor affects it drastically, for one, without us 1: there would be no ninth heart, and 2: ITS CACTI NOT CACTUSES!!!! >:o

1. Please no swearing on the forum xxRevanxx

2. Please do not name members of the team.

3. Who ever said I'm sane?:confused:

4. And without you there might still be a Ninth Heart it just would'nt be as good.

Just had to say those things.

Good luck - you've got plenty of work ahead of you. My only advice would be not to bite off more than you can chew - at least not all at once. Better to get something out the door in the short term than to trudge on for years with no release, eventually running out of steam. After all, the modular/episodic approach is all the rage these days. It helps build an audience and keep them interested while the game production progresses. And if you are planning on a commercial venture, it will give you some sort of revenue stream as development continues.

Oh god I laughed so hard on this. :D

I aim to please :3

Oh, I thought it would. What a predictable plot! :L

OMG, why's this thread so funny?!

Actually, The Outlander would be a more fitting place to put this. It's overridden with WIPs, although most are not from indie developers, which would be a welcome addition.

Well then I will add a copy of this thread to outlander's also.

Good luck - you've got plenty of work ahead of you. My only advice would be not to bite off more than you can chew - at least not all at once. Better to get something out the door in the short term than to trudge on for years with no release, eventually running out of steam. After all, the modular/episodic approach is all the rage these days. It helps build an audience and keep them interested while the game production progresses. And if you are planning on a commercial venture, it will give you some sort of revenue stream as development continues.

I see what you mean. I understand the whole revenue stream thing for as we continue to the next game and such, thankfully I thought ahead and saved up a good deal of money to help supply this project. Hopefully we don't run out of steam before we finish.

Yeah, and cactuses is also an accepted plural of cacti! >:/

I see you have already picked your side in this war.

Archived