Home

Pleasant dreams

RpTheHotrod

Night before last:

An asylum inmate has finally been released with a bill of good health. After getting his life back together, he has joined the FBI as a detective. After receiving a task at investigating the murder of a woman, he finds that he must infiltrate a high-security asylum. With guards being posted at the entrance, he must find another way in. Dressed as a high-ranking nurse, he gains access to the place where they transport unconscious inmates inside. He lies down and safely is transported inside. While inside, the nurses begin to tie him up to his bed and the agent loses it, breaks free, and begin violently stabbing everyone to death multiple times in the throat.

Last night:

It is night time, and the entire area is filled with a thick, dark fog. The forested area is filled with deadwood and fallen leaves and branches. I see a small hill with a 1 foot tall black metal fence on top of it. On top of the fence are the outline of strange creatures I have never seen before. I climb up the hill only to find thousands of tombstones on the other side, all decrepit and wasting away...a gigantic cemetery for the dead. "Why is everything so dead?" I thought. "What happened here?" As I looked on, I then saw it...a large rectangular pool of water, and just beyond it, a broken down Washington monument.

Oh pleasant dreams...

I had a dream that's recurred three times over the period of a few years where I'm my future self around the mid-40s and I've become a detective. It's roughly the 2029 and there's a string of missing persons cases that don't seem to be related, however during one of the investigations my long time partner in the department goes missing himself and is presumed dead since the last anyone saw of him was his right arm and a pool of blood.

After that incident I'm determined to find out what the hell is going on and while others in the department think I'm getting a little too obsessed over nothing, I know there's a connection and something bigger is going on. Of course, I'm not an idiot, I make it seem like I'm backing off on the missing persons cases and only investigate them between other investigations, but I'm still determined to find out what's going on.

Shortly after my partners disappearance I'm assigned a new recruit as my new partner. She's competent but has a lot of naive ideas about the world and thinks it can be made a better place despite the fact that the rich have been getting richer, the poor have been festering in larger and larger slums that used to be middle-class suburbs in our time.

A breakthrough occurs when my new partner and I are investigating what appears to be an unrelated case involving a politicians son who committed suicide.

ANYWAY...

Long story short, it turns out that there's this human trafficking racket going on which is worldwide, at first we thought it was some kind of sex trade, the kind you find nowadays where kids and women of third world nations and kidnap victims of powerful nations are sold off as slaves. Nope, the idea of this racket was for..."medical" purposes.

As I said before, the rich got richer and the poor got poor with the middle-class all but disappearing and technology taking the place of most of the roles in society that. There's a great divide between these two groups where no one who is considered "not rich/powerful" has rarely seen a person in the highest tiers of society.

The reason for this is because most of them are dying very horrible deaths after they banded together to try to make themselves a kind of fountain of youth. It backfired and their bodies are rotting away. To combat this, a human trafficking racket was set up so they could harvest the bodies of people no one cared about for organ transfers and such.

I learned all of this because eventually even I got captured and saw all of it with my own eyes. Women being put into baby farms just so stem cells could be harvested, Nazi-style experiments being performed on people to find a cure and test new medical treatments, people being brought in every day having every piece of their body chopped up so they could be collected and used to prolong the lives of these rich people... think what the Vidiians in Star Trek: Voyager did... 'cept I was seeing it all happen around me in every gory detail.

Eventually my new partner is able to piece together the information I left her before I got captured and she's able to rescue me and together we're able to uncover the entire racket to the world and expose what's going on in the world.

Of course... it never felt definitive whether revealing the truth to the world actually changed anything for the better because every time just before I wake up it seems like I've only just exposed how self destructive the world has become and that it's so far gone that there's no coming back.

It really could go either way... my depressing view of the future (as in the future for 2029, not our future from this moment) or my new partners more optimistic view.

Like I said, I've had this dream 3 times over the period of a few years around 2004 - 2009 and it does kind of feel like some kind of movie because every time I had this dream it had different camera angles and stuff. Oh, also every time I had this dream the overall plot and what goes on is exactly the same, except the lines people spoke were slightly different each time.

I don't dream often, I remember the dreams even less, and repeated dreams are even more uncommon. Two stand out.

I used to have a nightmare (this was between the ages of 6 and 11) where I got dropped off at swim lessons late, which forced me to run down the long hallway. I slipped on a puddle, and went unconscious. When I woke up, almost all the people were gone (I saw maybe 1 every few hours of running around in a panic), and those that remained were all really old, and couldn't move or talk. There was also some shadowy thing that was vaguely shaped (even when you looked straight at it, it was like something in the corner of your eye), but scared the **** out of me. It wouldn't move if I was watching it, but every time I blinked or looked away for a second, it would be closer. I always woke up, terrified, just before it got me. I assumed what it did was make people disappear, or turn them into the really old, motionless/braindead people. Basically, I dreamed that I was in a post apocalyptic, and even more terrifying, version of the Doctor Who episode "Blink" about 6 times a year for 5 years.

I've had the same nightmare of a 2/18/2007 helicopter crash about 4 times since the event. Twice shortly after the crash, twice 2-3 years afterward. None for over a year now though, so that's good.

Other than those two, most dreams, 'pleasant' and otherwise, have been one-offs.

Preface: I'm not sure what it means but I had a dream.

There was one rat I had a long time ago, a blue I named Lobo. He had respiratory problems from the get-go and did not live long. Not quite 1 year.

He was always happy to see me. He could rest and sleep on me when few if any others would. He was always cool with me. Maybe not the most laid back and probably not so nice to other rats, even to his own offspring. He always liked to travel on my shoulder. So anyway, he died of complications.

On a night about a week later, I had a dream. For some strange reason it was in the downstairs guest bedroom of my parents' house. Not sure why exactly a that moment. But there I saw Lobo. On the nightstand against the wall. It was the same blue nightstand I had in my current room oddly enough.

It was daytime in the dream. He was standing there just looking at me. I was puzzled because I knew he was dead and yet sensed he was alive. Somehow. Once I began to figure it out, it was as though a door or opening I hadn't noticed in the wall behind him had brightened up. It wasn't there during my waking hours. He looked at me sidelong for a second then turned around and darted into the opening. I plead with him to come back as I ran to try to pick him up again but wasn't fast enough. He was gone through it before I got close enough. I looked through the opening and saw some place unfamiliar as it faded back to darkness. I reached through shoulder deep as it faded, but touched only air. I looked again. The illumination was gone. Lobo was gone. Woke up. My arm felt different almost radiant.

The only thing I can think of is how my little sister swore she saw angels and stuff when she was barely 4 or 5. Even freak out. The bedroom used to be my sister's.

Another dream is a lucid sort of state where I was actually in sleep paralysis. It's strange because it's like being here, but in an alternate dimension. I can hear things that are not there in waking reality. I could be standing in my own room. And yet it has some kind of frequency about it. I had to remember my physical body and become re acquainted with it before I could wake up again. Usually it's leaving where I am at in the dream and warping back to my body to engage it again.

• 1 month later...

So, I'm walking down a brightly lit corridor in a Victorian house. It's sunny outside and the sunlight is shining brightly through the white curtains. There is a sense of great calm and warmness. Only the sounds of birds outside can be heard and my footsteps as I walk down the hall.

Suddenly, I'm pushed back. Looking around, I see nothing. I continue walking, and I'm pushed back again. I see nothing around. I continue to walk but once again I'm pushed but this time forward. However, this time I heard a loud roaring sound for just a moment. Once again, all is calm.

Over the next few moments, the pushes become more and more frequent, and every time I hear a loud roaring sound. Eventually, every time I'm pushed back and forward, it's suddenly night time and I suddenly see the house broken down and destroyed in the midst of a shower of ash. Just after the push, it's suddenly day time again in the perfect Victorian house.

The attacks finally start becoming full fledged and I feel that something is pecking at me. After a few seconds, I no longer go back to the perfect Victorian house and permanently I am in the dark place with the roaring sound of the wind. While trying to protect my eyes from the shower of ash, I find myself defending myself from consistent attacks from a very large grotesque bird.

It seems that I was stuck in some sort of "dreamland" until I was awoken into reality of being in a very dangerous and dark place.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived