Home

Gorc and Pic Map

kyle94katarn

Hello everybody! I am new here and i'm sorry if i didn't post something about me but I am not expert in how forums work Lol! Anyway I am italian and i think my english will not be so good :D... Anyway I made a map from a level of the fantastic game Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2; it is the level when kyle meets Gorc and Pic...this is my first map and I still have a lot of work to do with it but I'll post a little preview and i think i will link the download when it will be finished...Can you tell me what do you think? :)

remember, this is my first map, so it wont be special but I hope you like it and may the force be with you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWejj6Zn0c

Sweet, like you said it just needs some work and maybe the textures for the walls can be made to look like the textures from df2 for that level. Then thrown in a gorc and pic npc ;)

Thank you :) I've almost finished the map but I don't know how to create npcs can you or someone else tell me how to do that?

you need "pakscape" or "winrar", or the "NPC tool" that you can download at filefront. if you are using "pakscape" or "winrar", open up the "assets.pk3" file in your "base" folder, and click "ext_data". here you should find several folders, including "NPCs" and "sabers". click "NPCs" and then copy and paste one of the files inside (does not matter which one, you are going to be changing it anyway) and paste it somewhere else (outside the extraction program) like say, on your desktop for now.

now, open up this NPC file and inside you should see something like this:

alora

{

playerModel alora

rank lt

saber single_4

saberColor red

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 2

saberStyle 1

health 300

FP_HEAL 0

FP_LEVITATION 2

FP_SPEED 2

FP_PUSH 2

FP_PULL 2

FP_TELEPATHY 0

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 0

FP_SABERTHROW 2

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 2

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 2

reactions 3

aim 3

move 5

aggression 3

evasion 4

intelligence 5

hfov 160

vfov 160

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_REBORN

sex female

snd alora

sndcombat alora

sndjedi alora

yawSpeed 120

walkSpeed 55

runSpeed 200

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

now, first change the very first line to the name you want. this will be the NPC spawn name. for example, here you could change "alora" to "gorc" and when you are all done you would be able to type "NPC spawn gorc" into the console and it would spawn your new NPC. the next thing you will want to do is change the "playermodel" line to whatever model you are using for "gorc". (you can find this model in the "models/players" folder of your assets.pk3) next, change the "weapon" line to one of these:

WP_SABER

WP_BRYAR_PISTOL

WP_BLASTER

WP_DISRUPTOR

WP_BOWCASTER

WP_REPEATER

WP_DEMP2

WP_FLECHETTE

WP_CONCUSSION

WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER

WP_THERMAL

WP_TRIP_MINE

WP_DET_PACK

WP_STUN_BATON

WP_MELEE

WP_EMPLACED_GUN

WP_BOT_LASER

WP_TURRET

WP_ATST_MAIN

WP_ATST_SIDE

WP_TIE_FIGHTER

WP_RAPID_FIRE_CONC

WP_BLASTER_PISTOL

WP_SCEPTER

WP_TUSKEN_STAFF

WP_TUSKEN_RIFLE

WP_JAWA

WP_NULL

now, i have not played dark forces, so i don't know what weapon "gorc" uses. i will leave that to you. but if its not a lightsaber, you can of course erase the lines that define saber, saber color, and saber styles. when you have finished with that, change the force powers accordingly. again, i do not know who "gorc" is but i am sure you do so set the force powers to level 1, 2 or 3. you can also change force regeneration time and max force power with these lines.

if the model you are using has multiple skins (several model.skin files inside it) you can choose a particular one of these by adding a line underneath the "playermodel" line. say the skin is labeled "model_default_gorc2.skin" in your "models/players/gorc" folder (in your assets.pk3). the specific skin would use a line like this:

customSkin [>tab>] default_gorc2

next, if the character is female, add a line that says:

sex [>tab>] female

the "[>tab>]" means press the tab button; do not actually type "[>tab>]". now, i know i probably sound like i am giving directions to a baby, but i am just trying to be clear. i do not know how experienced or inexperienced you are with this stuff, so i am playing it safe.

anyway, after you have done this, you can look around and change attributes like health, intelligence, aggression, run/walk speed, etc etc. then, save the file as a different name, and paste it BACK into your "NPCs" folder in "ext_data", using "pakscape" or whatever program you used.

if you used the "NPC tool" download from "filefront", it makes all of this automatic, with neat little menus and all that. if you are having trouble, you should probably try that.

well, that should do it! good luck.

hmm, that is all assuming you already have "Gorc" and "Pic" models... if not, the NPC files wont help you much.

also, i watched some youtube vids and i now see that Gorc and Pic have orange lightsabers. also, Gorc's is twice as long as a regular lightsaber. if you want, i can tell you how to make his saber longer. just let me know. good luck, again...

hmm, that is all assuming you already have "Gorc" and "Pic" models... if not, the NPC files wont help you much.

also, i watched some "YouTube" and i now see that Gorc and Pic have orange lightsabers. also, Gorc's is twice as long as a regular lightsaber. if you want, i can tell you how to make his saber longer. just let me know. good luck, again...

there is already a version of gorc and pic lightsabers...Anyway can you tell me how do I create skins? the guide that u gave me before was really usefull but for example gorc is a gamorrean but as you saw he is orange and is different from a gamorrean...can you tell me how do i create a skin then?

• 1 year later...
there is already a version of gorc and pic lightsabers...Anyway can you tell me how do I create skins? the guide that u gave me before was really usefull but for example gorc is a gamorrean but as you saw he is orange and is different from a gamorrean...can you tell me how do i create a skin then?

there are plenty of tutorials on that; basically it comes down to using GIMP to recolor the base skin and then replacing the file with your modified version. just google it :) youll find a good tutorial if you look hard enough.

• 3 years later...

How does GIMP compare to Paint.net? I admit I've used the latter a lot more. Of course back in the day we recall using other programs to create textures. Granted I haven't created anything for these games in a long time (ah, those were the days though!).

I used GIMP, it is good. But tends to be generic and you need a lot of add-ons. I had to use an add on cause it kept scaling the printing to fit, instead of keeping the proportions

Now I use Paint.net, and much happier. THo i have had to add in a printing add on, since the base version scales the images to fit the printing area.

Archived