Home

Xbox 360 Controller problems

Budforce

Hi there.

This may be a long shot but....

I have an official Xbox 360' controller for windows, which works on otehr games.

X wing alliance recognises the cotroller in the initial setup but, however when I undock in game my ship jsut spins in a diagonal direction. Even moving the stick in the opposite direction to my spin doesnt solve anything.

I have the patch and im running windows XP. Is there anything obvious or stupid I may be doing? I had a good look through google and on ehre and cant seem to find much on it.

Cheers!

What Kinnison was trying to say is that the experience overall is better with a stick.

XWA can be notoriously complex when you start diving into energy balancing (Shields, weapons, engines) and the flight characteristics are generally easier with a flight stick rather than with a controller.

• 10 months later...

i use an xbox controller and it worked just fine until i tried to calibrate it. If thats your problem on the xwing launcher go to hardware configuration, click joystick options, calibrate joystick, properties, settings, and reset to default. hope it helps

Archived