Home

Roadblock with Headgear and masks

So I've hit a rather annoying roadblock concerning headgear and masks.

As you all know, I've been working on my Visas Unmasked head. It's basically done, but I'm having trouble getting the masks and headgear to show up on her head.

and yes, I have all of the proper dummies in the models. The thing is, if I disguise myself as Visas, and put a mask on, it will show up. However, if I try to equip it on my actual party member Visas, it won't show up at all. My thinking is that there's something wrong with Visas' p_visas.utc, but after looking at the file, I'm totally lost as to what the issue could be.

Huh. I know that sometimes, files that you have already accessed in the game sometimes won't change. For instance, when you edit a module you've already been to, the alterations will not appear in that save file. Maybe try going back to a save before Visas and recruiting her? It doesn't sound like the .2da is the problem, if it works as a disguise. Also, try copying all of Visas' .utc into a new one, maybe that might make the difference. I know this might not sound like much, but KotOR modding can get finnicky at times.

I actually figured out the problem: It's that any Creature with the tag "VisasMarr" can't equip headgear.

Example: I changed Visas' utc so that her tag was just "Visas", recruited her to my party, and she could equip stuff.

This didn't work however, once I changed the tag back to "VisasMarr".. which sucks because I would have to go change EVERY script that has Visas in it....

Archived