Home

changing force powers

irish_texan

is it possible to change force powers? as in, actually changing the effects they have on the environment?

for example, increasing the range of force pull and lightning, so that you can pull enemies who are much farther away from you and the lightning extends twice as far, reaching enemies very far away, or increasing the height of force jump, so that you can jump twice as high as you normally do with force jump level 3.

i want to change up some force powers and make them more powerful and i need some help. is this possible? and if so, how do i do it?

are they EVER going to release the SP source code?

Nope. the MP SDK doesn't contain all the MP source code either. Stuff like the renderer and things are left out. This is all due to the licenses Raven obtained the Q3 code with, as well as what they/LEC/Activi$ion decided they should release as well. You won't be getting the SP code, so don't even hope for it :)

• 1 year later...

Looks like the source code is finally out after all, at long last.

EDIT: and before one of the administrators flags me for resurrecting a necro post, let it be said that new information has surfaced since I posted the OP and i am still curious about the original question.

Changing them to the extent that I indicated in the OP, yes. It could kill the fun factor. But I was exaggerating for the sake of illustrating my point. I wouldn't want to make those specific changes -- I just wanted to know if it was possible to manipulate the force powers in that way, so as to sort of customize the gameplay a little bit. Possibly make some TFU-esque force powers that look really dramatic and awesome... You get the idea.

Yeah I get the idea. That would require things like new skin for force powers, new animations, new sounds probably. There was a supposed mod that aimed to implement a TFU mod to JA but I've no idea what end that mod had.

A number of "TFU" mods tried to come out. None succeeded.

People are still going over the code and seeing what is in there. Right now the biggest thing going is called Open Jedi Knight. They are making JO playable in JA, and making unofficial patches for JO, JA sp, and JA mp.

Powering up force powers wouldn't kill the fun factor at all. As long as that is what you wanted. If powerful force was so bad then we wouldn't have gotten a TFU2.

I understand your point of view Katanamaru,in my believe is that taking consideration of the AI, while playing at JA in Jedi Master, is still kinda easy to win against. the only challenging npcs are force users and specially Boss-lvl NPCs. making force power more powerful would make the game even more easy, that's how i feel. It is kinda like you make a motorcycle engine reach very high speed without making the break to be able to slow down your motorcycle.

...taking consideration of the AI, while playing at JA in Jedi Master, is still kinda easy to win against. the only challenging npcs are force users and specially Boss-lvl NPCs. making force power more powerful would make the game even more easy, that's how i feel.

as a matter of fact, on that point, i was actually thinking about making all the npcs a lot stronger if i were to implement any kind of super-powered force mod.

so hopefully that wouldnt be a problem.

Archived