Home

Monkey Island Special Editions coming to stores (in Europe)

Play.com have it up for pre-order and here is the full details of whats in the collection;

Play them again for the first time with signature Special Edition features:

• All new re-imagined contemporary art style presented in glorious HD detail

• Renewed music score using live instruments

• Complete voice over that brings the story and characters to life like never before

• Scene-for-scene hot swap between special edition and classic modes

• Plus, an in-game puzzle hint system keeps the puzzles fresh and fun

Includes unique all new Special Edition features:

• Intuitive direct-character controls provide a more interactive gameplay experience

• Interactive object highlights provide quicker clues for useful objects

• Scene-for-scene Creator commentary by Ron Gilbert and Tim Schafer chronicling the original development of Monkey Island 2

• Plus, an in-game art viewer provides a glimpse of the fantastic artwork generated for the classic and Special Edition games

Plus, special bonus content including never-before-released "making of" materials and your own Monkey Island avatar code:

• Unreleased concept art from both original and SE versions of each game

• Making of webdocs and CG Trailer

• Full length remastered game soundtracks

• Complete director commentary with Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman

• ILM animated film storyboard

Don't ask why Grossmans name isn't mentioned in the scene-by-scene commentary quote, that'll be a mistake on Play.coms part.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, complete commentary. I like boxes and I will be getting this!

Plus, special bonus content including never-before-released "making of" materials and your own Monkey Island avatar code:

[*] Unreleased concept art from both original and SE versions of each game

[*] Making of webdocs and CG Trailer

[*] Full length remastered game soundtracks

[*] Complete director commentary with Ron Gilbert, Tim Schafer and Dave Grossman

[*] ILM animated film storyboard

[*] Avatar codes

Don't ask why Grossmans name isn't mentioned in the scene-by-scene commentary quote, that'll be a mistake on Play.coms part.

I notice Amazon.co.uk has a boxed version coming out for PS3 and 360 as well on these. Does that mean those two versions also get all this extra stuff?

I notice Amazon.co.uk has a boxed version coming out for PS3 and 360 as well on these. Does that mean those two versions also get all this extra stuff?

Yes, all features will be in all versions, including 360 & PS3.

Just wondered, will mixnmojo be doing a review of this collection once its released?

The practice of leaving North America out of retail releases of LEC adventure games has been tradition for a long time. Clearly the powers that be have sales figures that prove that the European market is a more viable one for boxed adventure games. It completely blows, but whatever. It will be easy enough for me to import and gift this to a grade school cousin of mine I'm determined to introduce Monkey Island to.

Just wondered, will mixnmojo be doing a review of this collection once its released?

Maybe just because you chose to wonder it aloud, we will, though it would basically boil down to an overview of the new bonuses.

• 1 month later...

The game's also on eBay, although slightly more expensive than in stores. I'm really annoyed that Activision didn't send us a review copy of this, especially as LucasArts wanted to use a quote from the Mojo review in their marketing materials. Anyway, Mojo will certainly cover the bonus content :)

Collection just turned up, simple DVD case and Manual isn't much to run home about, for some reason the manual covers not just the PC keyboard layout but the 360 controller layout, no mention of PS3 controller and its only 8 pages.

Mixnmojos quote is on the back of the DVD case which is great news to see.

Its one installer so both SE get installed onto your hard drive and a launcher which shows you the features. Trying to get some screenshots if I can.

392839686.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315501126&Signature=draZLrdOuFXUaLbxQgKoWS3uFIo%3D

392839883.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315501169&Signature=2Fnk7xlQVAx4QPmL6Tr1k82JD%2FA%3D

Archived