Home

Monkey Island Special Editions coming to stores (in Europe)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work, Alex IDV.

I decided to have a quick go as well and here are my crappy results:

Image1.jpgImage3.jpg

Not good for printing, obviously, though maybe someone will want those for iTunes. I seem to have gone a bit jolly with the filters but oh well.

Also, about the two MI2 covers... is it the original draft? Looks like the second version was done later since why would they take OUT detail, like on LeChuck's hat? Maybe an artist had some more time to work on it after it was released.

Yeah now you mention it it does look like an improved version. There are various touch-ups that are easy to miss but seem like they'd have been done afterwards, such as making Guybrush's shirt be tucked in more like it appears in-game, the hat, etc. Not mention the faces carry actual emotion rather than seeming a bit vacant.

You're probably right: they ran out of time and put out the first version. The artist probably hoped he'd have time to get the newer version put through the channels to replace it but it never happened.

So, can I just confirm... The "only" extras in this new DVD set are:

Extra artwork from the SE

Soundtrack

Movie storyboards (which is awesome!)

No more commentary stuff?

Unless the in-game commentary has been beefed up (which I doubt), there isn't any new commentary material.

The artwork from the two SEs is around 60 pieces per game at very high resolutions, as are the movie story boards (each image alone is about HD size, the full pages including text around twice the size horizontally and vertically).

The soundtracks are basically flawless at very high bitrates (and thanks to Benny easily extractable).

So, yep, that's it.

To me the soundtracks alone are worth those 15 Euros.

Woodtick Suite (Extended)

Since Jesse's version on the album leaves out a bit of the themes, this is a version of Woodtick including every second of music from it (except for some of the transitions, of course).

Ooh, was this inspired by

The way it's put together is very similar. :D

I've updated the program to include tagging. All music files are now tagged with name/artist/album/trackno information, filenames are improved and the music is dumped to separate folders for each game.

I sincerely want to thank you for creating this extractor. THANKS A LOT!

I will use it immediately as soon as I get the PC version, I just finished playing the buggy PS3 version.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so I received the Special Edition Collection today and have just installed it and tried launching it from a backup (using ImgBurn to create a backup .iso and Virtual CloneDrive to mount it).

It didn't work and apparently the game uses SecuROM (I hadn't realised beforehand), which I'm a bit annoyed by.

Does anyone know how to remove/bypass the SecuROM DRM? Not sure about the legalities (it should be fine I guess- I own the game after all), but PM me if this kind of thing isn't allowed to be discussed on the forums.

Thanks again (and the music extractor is brilliant btw :D).

• 1 month later...

Archived